Re: [Meditation Society of America] Street Wisdom

  • sean tremblay
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 22, 2009
      Indeed!

      --- On Thu, 1/22/09, medit8ionsociety <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
      From: medit8ionsociety <no_reply@yahoogroups.com>
      Subject: Re: [Meditation Society of America] Street Wisdom
      To: meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Thursday, January 22, 2009, 8:31 AM

      Yo Sean,
      I think that this "oldie but goodie" might just
      be on a different "higher" level than the pig or idiot
      adages. There are multiple teachings within its
      semi-obvious message of walking the walk and
      not just talking the talk that is also the wisdom
      that Gurdjieff among others shared...that we
      often use the wrong "center" to do what other
      centers (IE: Emotional, Mental and Physical
      centers) should be doing. For instance, if we have to
      do a physical task, like moving a heavy object,
      we tend to also have mental chatter about it
      going on, perhaps like "oh, poor me for having
      to risk injury doing this" and then we may also
      get emotionally upset. And of course, using our
      Mental and Emotional centers in this situation is
      just a waste of energy because what is needed
      to do something physical is just our Physical center.
      The pig and idiot sharings also have other inward
      instructions intended to elevate our Self knowledge
      (or whatever similar words you prefer), as do many
      fairy tales, "old wives tales", and other similar ancient
      (and modern) teaching tales. Placing ones Self in the
      Witness position and simply watching the events of our
      lives flow by as they occur, without commentary or
      reactivity presents things, like this type of wisdom
      revealing how we squander energy, very clearly. And
      eventually or suddenly one tends to do it less
      and less, and then we retain and even gain energy
      as the show that is our life goes on. And that's just
      one aspect of what these type tales are all about.
      And as so many "Words! Words! Words!" I've just
      posted show, it's probably most easy to chatter on
      about things, so let's stop now and start Witnessing
      our lives, and when good teachings like these pass by,
      simply suck their richness up, smile, and be available
      for the next one to come. The universe will always make
      something available to benefit us if we are mind-full
      and awake to Realize it. And when we are, we will
      live happily ever after.
      sean tremblay <bethjams9@. ..> wrote:

      > Old Afghan Proverb
      > "If you can tie a knot with both hands, why use your mouth?"

    • sean tremblay
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 22, 2009
        Agreed

        "When the heart speaks, take good notes."

        --- In meditationsocietyof america@yahoogro ups.com, sean tremblay <bethjams9@. ..>