Re: [Meditation Society of America] Street Wisdom

  • sean tremblay
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 21, 2009
      Old Afghan Proverb
      "If you can tie a knot with both hands, why use your mouth?"

      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 22, 2009
        "When the heart speaks, take good notes."

        --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, sean tremblay <bethjams9@...>

        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 22, 2009
          Yo Sean,
          I think that this "oldie but goodie" might just
          be on a different "higher" level than the pig or idiot
          adages. There are multiple teachings within its
          semi-obvious message of walking the walk and
          not just talking the talk that is also the wisdom
          that Gurdjieff among others shared...that we
          often use the wrong "center" to do what other
          centers (IE: Emotional, Mental and Physical
          centers) should be doing. For instance, if we have to
          do a physical task, like moving a heavy object,
          we tend to also have mental chatter about it
          going on, perhaps like "oh, poor me for having
          to risk injury doing this" and then we may also
          get emotionally upset. And of course, using our
          Mental and Emotional centers in this situation is
          just a waste of energy because what is needed
          to do something physical is just our Physical center.
          The pig and idiot sharings also have other inward
          instructions intended to elevate our Self knowledge
          (or whatever similar words you prefer), as do many
          fairy tales, "old wives tales", and other similar ancient
          (and modern) teaching tales. Placing ones Self in the
          Witness position and simply watching the events of our
          lives flow by as they occur, without commentary or
          reactivity presents things, like this type of wisdom
          revealing how we squander energy, very clearly. And
          eventually or suddenly one tends to do it less
          and less, and then we retain and even gain energy
          as the show that is our life goes on. And that's just
          one aspect of what these type tales are all about.
          And as so many "Words! Words! Words!" I've just
          posted show, it's probably most easy to chatter on
          about things, so let's stop now and start Witnessing
          our lives, and when good teachings like these pass by,
          simply suck their richness up, smile, and be available
          for the next one to come. The universe will always make
          something available to benefit us if we are mind-full
          and awake to Realize it. And when we are, we will
          live happily ever after.
          sean tremblay <bethjams9@...> wrote:

          > Old Afghan Proverb
          > "If you can tie a knot with both hands, why use your mouth?"

        • sean tremblay
          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 22, 2009
            Indeed!

            I think that this "oldie but goodie" might just
            be on a different "higher" level than the pig or idiot
            adages. There are multiple teachings within its
            semi-obvious message of walking the walk and
            not just talking the talk that is also the wisdom
            that Gurdjieff among others shared...that we
            often use the wrong "center" to do what other
            centers (IE: Emotional, Mental and Physical
            centers) should be doing. For instance, if we have to
            do a physical task, like moving a heavy object,
            we tend to also have mental chatter about it
            going on, perhaps like "oh, poor me for having
            to risk injury doing this" and then we may also
            get emotionally upset. And of course, using our
            Mental and Emotional centers in this situation is
            just a waste of energy because what is needed
            to do something physical is just our Physical center.
            The pig and idiot sharings also have other inward
            instructions intended to elevate our Self knowledge
            (or whatever similar words you prefer), as do many
            fairy tales, "old wives tales", and other similar ancient
            (and modern) teaching tales. Placing ones Self in the
            Witness position and simply watching the events of our
            lives flow by as they occur, without commentary or
            reactivity presents things, like this type of wisdom
            revealing how we squander energy, very clearly. And
            eventually or suddenly one tends to do it less
            and less, and then we retain and even gain energy
            as the show that is our life goes on. And that's just
            one aspect of what these type tales are all about.
            And as so many "Words! Words! Words!" I've just
            posted show, it's probably most easy to chatter on
            about things, so let's stop now and start Witnessing
            our lives, and when good teachings like these pass by,
            simply suck their richness up, smile, and be available
            for the next one to come. The universe will always make
            something available to benefit us if we are mind-full
            and awake to Realize it. And when we are, we will
            live happily ever after.
            sean tremblay <bethjams9@. ..> wrote:

            > Old Afghan Proverb
            > "If you can tie a knot with both hands, why use your mouth?"

          • sean tremblay
            Message 5 of 7 , Jan 22, 2009
              Agreed