"Samadhi" by Swami Satchidananda

    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 17, 2009
      From Weekly Words of Wisdom by Swami Satchidananda

      "Many people think that samadhi means you just
      sit like a rock, motionless, going into an
      unconscious state. If you stay in that samadhi,
      you are of no use to anybody. Sahaja Samadhi
      means a natural samadhi, always present. Wherever
      you are, whatever you are doing, your body and
      mind are involved in those activities, but your
      inner state is always the same, unaffected.
      Self-realization means you realize that you are
      the Self. You are different from the body and mind,
      so you remain in that state of Self and allow the
      body and mind to function for the benefit of
      humanity. You can be in the material world and
      still be in the samadhi state. Then nothing can
      affect you and you can perform your duties well.

    • Jeff Belyea
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 17, 2009
        --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, medit8ionsociety <no_reply@...>
        wrote:

        > From Weekly Words of Wisdom by Swami Satchidananda
        >
        > "Many people think that samadhi means you just
        > sit like a rock, motionless, going into an
        > unconscious state. If you stay in that samadhi,
        > you are of no use to anybody. Sahaja Samadhi
        > means a natural samadhi, always present. Wherever
        > you are, whatever you are doing, your body and
        > mind are involved in those activities, but your
        > inner state is always the same, unaffected.
        > Self-realization means you realize that you are
        > the Self. You are different from the body and mind,
        > so you remain in that state of Self and allow the
        > body and mind to function for the benefit of
        > humanity. You can be in the material world and
        > still be in the samadhi state. Then nothing can
        > affect you and you can perform your duties well.
        >
        > "God bless you. OM Shanti, Shanti, Shanti."

        Thanks, Bob. So much clarity in a simple satsang.
        Absorbing the troth of this is pure grace. Living
        it is Living at WOW! (Couldn't resist).

        Papajeff
        http://www.livingatwow.com
      • Aideen Mckenna
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 17, 2009

          Swamee, how I love ya …(I really do love that man).

          Aideen