Re: [Meditation Society of America] Re: THE SAGE'S VIEW

  • Athanor
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 2, 2003
      dear Greg,
      when you realised that there is no Santa, it was an experiential understanding.. (you have watched your parents-experience)
      mirela
      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 2, 2003
        Dear Mirela,

        You're right -- that moment *was* an experience. I saw my parents do the stuff they attributed to Santa Claus, and the jig was up. That bit of seeing on my part was a definite experience in time and place, and came to an end.

        But that's not what I'm talking about. I'm talking about what was had dissolved. The belief in Santa Claus had dissolved. I didn't acquire a NEW belief to be rehearsed and practiced ("There is no Santa Claus"). Rather, it was the non-occurrence of the (mythical) experience of Santa Claus.

        That's one reason that the nondual path is sometimes called the "Via Negativa." It's not additive, it's subtractive.

        Love,

        --Greg