DO THE MEDITATION ROCK by Allen Ginsberg

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 23, 2008
      If you want to learn how to meditate

      I'll tell you how 'cause it's never too late.
      I'll tell you how 'cause I can't wait
      it's just that great - that it's never too late
      if you're an old fraud like me
      or a Lama who lives in Eternity.

      The first thing you do when you meditate
      is to keep your spine, your backbone straight.
      Sit yourself down on a pillow on the ground
      or sit in a chair if the ground isn't there.

      Do the Meditation, Do the Meditation
      Learn a little patience and Generosity.

      Follow your breath out, close yours eyes
      and sit there steady and sit there wise.
      Follow your breath right outer your nose
      follow it out as far as it goes.
      Follow your breath, but don't hang on
      to the thought of your death in old Saigon.
      Follow your breath when thought forms rise
      whatever you think - it's a big surprise!

      Do the Meditation, Do the Meditation
      Learn a little patience and generosity
      Generosity, Generosity and Generosity.

      If you sit for an hour or a minute every day
      you can tell the Superpower to sit the same way.
      You can tell the Superpower to watch 'n wait
      and stop and meditate 'cause it's never too late.

      Do the Meditation, Do the Meditation
      Get yourself together, lots of energy
      and Generosity, Generosity and Generosity.

      by Allen Ginsberg

      FAIR USE NOTICE
      This site contains copyrighted material the
      use of which has not always been specifically
      authorized by the copyright owner. We are
      making such material available in our efforts
      to advance understanding of environmental,
      scientific, spiritual, and social justice issues,
      etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use'
      for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
      the material on this site is distributed
      without profit to those who have expressed a
      prior interest in receiving the included information
      for research and educational purposes. For more
      information go to:
      http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.
      site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use',
      you must obtain permission from the copyright owner