Re: [Meditation Society of America] Bob

  • Athanor
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 2, 2003
      Well, i guess that Ramana ment to send you to look closer to yourself.. and all the others.. there is an unique experience that happens to one who gets to the enlightenment and whatever would that person do, can only help the other to be more atentive to him/herself... otherwise i think, an enlightened person can enlighten everybody else around them... the truth that everybody wants to know it is within them. all that they have to do is to be true to themselves... i feel a lot better since i'm honest with myself! and i try to do and be my best in goodness... So, my question is , is it enough to be a seeker? shouldn't we be finders too?
      All the best,
      mirela
      Hi - Bob here - Actually, I think that a "true teacher" does "give
      paths, techniques or methods on how to live or how to find Truth."
      Ramana directed us to ask "Who Am I", Ganga shares breath and
      awareness techniques. Papajeff also. Even Judi ridiculing "seeking" is
      pointing to how to find Truth. Swami Sivananda only met his Guru
      physically for a few minutes, but stated many times that he kept him
      closer than his heart. Through Grace alone, the veil of illusion is
      ripped asunder, and the infinite, eternal divine reality presents
      itself. The classic spiritual understanding is that when you need a
      teacher, the universe will present one to you. Until then, perhaps the
      best we can do is to follow the suggestion that Swami Sivananda
      gives..."Be good, do good".

      Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

    • Jeff Belyea <jeff@mindgoal.com>
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 2, 2003
        Hi Mirela -

        Great final question. Being finders
        is seldom addressed, seekers we hear
        about all the time.

        If you are at peace and have joy and
        an ethical base, you are in great shape.
        That's what most are seeking to find.

        The spiritual understanding is a bonus
        beyond measure. Some thirst for it.
        Some don't.