Re: [Meditation Society of America] understanding...

  • Athanor
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 2, 2003
      If the undestanding is "in the back of" whatever experience one can have, than, logically, understanding is experiencial..
      who is chasing orgasms??:)
      mirela

      > The understanding is not experiential - whatever experience you can
      think of - understanding is "in back of it." If understanding *were*
      experiential (and I don't mean understanding how to fill out one's
      tax form), then it would be just another whiff that comes and goes.

      ********** Exactly, and people chase sprituality like it's a goddaman
      orgasm. Understanding transcends (in back of) the whole "chase"
      business itself. Orgasms come, orgasms go, spritual experiences
      come, spriitual experiences go - so much the worse for it! :-) Ha-ha!

      Judi

      > It's like when I learned that there's no Santa Claus. I can trace
      the event back to a certain point in chronological time (sneaking
      downstairs one Christmas eve and seeing my parents wrap the
      presents. They talked about they'd make the bike be from Santa...).
      But what was left was not a mental image constantly remembered and
      rehearsed ("There is no Santa, there is no Santa).

      > No, it's more the dissolving of the notion that there *is* a
      Santa. Not having that notion is not an experience....

      > So if you're looking for an experience, then get ready to look for
      the cessation of that experience too!

      > Love,
      >
      > --Greg
      >
      > At 07:38 AM 1/2/03 +0200, Athanor wrote:
      > >Understanding is experiential! How do you understand than, Judi? i
      guess that everyone has experiences... at least everyone alive .. :-)
      and judi, if the ego is not the ground, than what is it? what are you
      standing on?
      > >what's wrong with Sarlo?
      > >mirela
      > >
      > > > understanding is experiential.
      > >
      > > ****** Wrong again! Understanding is non-experiential.
      > > Ever heard the term "non-duality"? Well there you have it.

      Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

    • Gregory Goode
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 2, 2003
        Who is chasing orgasms? The one who thinks it's in *front*!!

        At 06:55 PM 1/2/03 +0200, Athanor wrote:

        > If the undestanding is "in the back of" whatever experience one can have, than, logically, understanding is experiencial..
        > who is chasing orgasms??:)
        > mirela
      • Athanor
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 2, 2003
          Who is chasing orgasms? The one who thinks it's in *front*!!
          ****** is that wrong?
          mirela

          At 06:55 PM 1/2/03 +0200, Athanor wrote:

          > If the undestanding is "in the back of" whatever experience one can have, than, logically, understanding is experiencial..
          > who is chasing orgasms??:)
          > mirela

          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        • Gregory Goode
          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 3, 2003
            Not wrong -- in fact it can actually lead to finding orgasms! But it's ineffective for the understanding we're talking about here...

            --Greg

            At 09:03 AM 1/3/03 +0200, Athanor wrote:

            > Who is chasing orgasms? The one who thinks it's in *front*!!
            > ****** is that wrong?
            > mirela
            >
            > At 06:55 PM 1/2/03 +0200, Athanor wrote:
            >

            > > If the undestanding is "in the back of" whatever experience one can have, than, logically, understanding is experiencial..
            > > who is chasing orgasms??:)
            > > mirela
          • Athanor
            Message 5 of 7 , Jan 3, 2003
              Some yoghy guys say that one feels God when he/she has an orgasm.. that they have a meeting with the divine, especially women..
              mirela
              Not wrong -- in fact it can actually lead to finding orgasms! But it's ineffective for the understanding we're talking about here...

              --Greg

              At 09:03 AM 1/3/03 +0200, Athanor wrote:

              > Who is chasing orgasms? The one who thinks it's in *front*!!
              > ****** is that wrong?
              > mirela
              >
              > At 06:55 PM 1/2/03 +0200, Athanor wrote:
              >

              > > If the undestanding is "in the back of" whatever experience one can have, than, logically, understanding is experiencial..
              > > who is chasing orgasms??:)
              > > mirela

              Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

            • Gregory Goode
              Message 6 of 7 , Jan 3, 2003
                It's a pointer. But have you ever had an orgasm that never ended? I guess not, or you wouldn't be writing e-mail!

                --Greg

              • Jason <jfishman2@msn.com>
                Message 7 of 7 , Jan 3, 2003
                  It is well known that the drive to human kind is to search for
                  answers, to believe in the divine and in the powers that we presume
                  are greater then man. What you continue to discuss, over and over is
                  the brass ring, the fantasy that one day through meditation and
                  divine wisdom you will once obtain, what would you do with such
                  knowledge? This is the question you will someday realize fully.

                  No matter what you think you understand, no matter what fantasy you
                  believe to obtain, you will own nothing, hold nothing and will
                  always be quite simply a part of everything. You as an ego will be
                  no more then an observer to all things, gaining and losing knowledge
                  as the seasons pass, seek nothing, know the peace found in
                  emptyness, hold onto no single concept and understand everything you
                  should at the moment then let it go, for you will not own it.

                  As long and hard as you try to own your bliss, joy, love, is as
                  quickly and softly as you will lose it. Sit with a heavy heart and
                  know of suffering, sit with an open heart and know of joy, sit too
                  long with either and know of confusion.

                  Through many self proclaimed teachers and many text of jargon we all
                  speak and search. When said to look onto yourself for your own
                  answers, it is there through the choices you make, with time, that
                  you will find the peace you long to see.

                  As with loss (either in death or in simple seperation), the never
                  say die prespective will not serve you, give that away and know the
                  love that you carry will live on for it is the way of all things.

                  --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, Gregory Goode