Re: A Few Meditation Tips

  • Jeff Belyea
    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 5, 2008
      --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, medit8ionsociety <no_reply@...>
      wrote:

      > The formula is "Less words and more experience".
      >
      > To quote Kir Li Molari, "One of the best ways
      > to figure IT out is to stop figuring out
      > anything." But, if you find you can't stop your
      > inner chatterer from figuring out everything,
      > there are very efficient meditative actions you
      > can take that will surely benefit you greatly
      > in gaining self control and evolving spiritually.
      > Whenever you witness your inner or outer
      > chattering being of a nature that upsets you,
      > taking your peace away, simply replace those
      > thoughts and feelings with their opposites. For
      > instance, if you witness yourself thinking about
      > what a jerk a coworker is and feeling annoyed at
      > how annoying they are, cease that line of thought
      > and think of how sorrowful it must be to be such
      > a negative person, and have compassion for them,
      > and then beam your love and hopes for their spiritual
      > growth so that they may end the suffering they cause
      > others and that they too must be going through.
      > And if you witness yourself being a negative person
      > or doing actions that cause you or others suffering,
      > have compassion for yourself and pray for your
      > own spiritual upliftment. Always, in all ways look
      > for your actions and thoughts to be ones of kindness,
      > selflessness, and compassion. You can't go wrong
      > with this game plan. You can't accrue bad karma. You
      > can't have remorse if your motivations are pure
      > and sweet. All that is required is to witness your
      > life as it takes place. This opens the door to
      > being able to effectively change your patterns of
      > behavior to ones that will bring you peace. Meditation
      > is a powerful tool for this witnessing to happen.
      > Sitting in meditation without distractions is
      > probably best at first (and often at last) for
      > most people to get used to placing awareness on
      > and in the present. It then becomes easier to be
      > in the witness mode during active daily life events.
      > At a point it becomes spontaneous and effortless
      > to witness mental, physical and emotional fluctuations.
      > At first you may be embarrassed at how awkward
      > and inappropriate they have been and are. But soon
      > you will just laugh at the ridiculous actions and
      > recognize them to be just a part of a show you
      > are attending. For in truth you are not your mind
      > nor your body or your emotions and have no
      > ownership over the way they play around. You are
      > the witness to them and the creative energy
      > behind them. There really is no need to judge or
      > compare or comment about anything. When that
      > becomes experiential and not just theoretical, you
      > will be living in the now and that lasts
      > happily ever after.

      Sweet.
    • Delia Tofolean
      Message 2 of 8 , Dec 5, 2008
        HI,

        a very simple formula I found in the Bible

        Proverbs

        15:3 The eyes of the Lord are in every place,

        keeping watch on those who are evil and those who are good.

        Try to imagine the eyes of the Lord and you will find the Light.

        Nothing about your third eye and what can it discover...in your life or in your dreams

        Delia

        From: Jeff Belyea <jeff@...>
        Subject: [Meditation Society of America] Re: A Few Meditation Tips
        To: meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com
        Date: Saturday, December 6, 2008, 12:19 AM

        wrote:

        > The formula is "Less words and more experience".
        >
        > To quote Kir Li Molari, "One of the best ways
        > to figure IT out is to stop figuring out
        > anything." But, if you find you can't stop your
        > inner chatterer from figuring out everything,
        > there are very efficient meditative actions you
        > can take that will surely benefit you greatly
        > in gaining self control and evolving spiritually.
        > Whenever you witness your inner or outer
        > chattering being of a nature that upsets you,
        > taking your peace away, simply replace those
        > thoughts and feelings with their opposites. For
        > instance, if you witness yourself thinking about
        > what a jerk a coworker is and feeling annoyed at
        > how annoying they are, cease that line of thought
        > and think of how sorrowful it must be to be such
        > a negative person, and have compassion for them,
        > and then beam your love and hopes for their spiritual
        > growth so that they may end the suffering they cause
        > others and that they too must be going through.
        > And if you witness yourself being a negative person
        > or doing actions that cause you or others suffering,
        > have compassion for yourself and pray for your
        > own spiritual upliftment. Always, in all ways look
        > for your actions and thoughts to be ones of kindness,
        > selflessness, and compassion. You can't go wrong
        > with this game plan. You can't accrue bad karma. You
        > can't have remorse if your motivations are pure
        > and sweet. All that is required is to witness your
        > life as it takes place. This opens the door to
        > being able to effectively change your patterns of
        > behavior to ones that will bring you peace. Meditation
        > is a powerful tool for this witnessing to happen.
        > Sitting in meditation without distractions is
        > probably best at first (and often at last) for
        > most people to get used to placing awareness on
        > and in the present. It then becomes easier to be
        > in the witness mode during active daily life events.
        > At a point it becomes spontaneous and effortless
        > to witness mental, physical and emotional fluctuations.
        > At first you may be embarrassed at how awkward
        > and inappropriate they have been and are. But soon
        > you will just laugh at the ridiculous actions and
        > recognize them to be just a part of a show you
        > are attending. For in truth you are not your mind
        > nor your body or your emotions and have no
        > ownership over the way they play around. You are
        > the witness to them and the creative energy
        > behind them. There really is no need to judge or
        > compare or comment about anything. When that
        > becomes experiential and not just theoretical, you
        > will be living in the now and that lasts
        > happily ever after.

        Sweet.

      • Jeff Belyea
        Message 3 of 8 , Dec 6, 2008
          --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, Delia Tofolean <deliatfn@...>
          wrote:

          > HI,
          >
          > a very simple formula I found in the Bible
          >
          > Proverbs
          > 15:3 The eyes of the Lord are in every place,
          > keeping watch on those who are evil and those who are good.
          > Try to imagine the eyes of the Lord and you will find the Light.
          > Nothing about your third eye and what can it discover...in your life or in your dreams
          > Delia

          If your eye be single, your body will be filled with light.

          Bible ping pong on.

> [...]
          > > probably best at first (and often at last) for
          > > most people to get used to placing awareness on
          > > and in the present. It then becomes easier to be
          > > in the witness mode during active daily life events.
          > > At a point it becomes spontaneous and effortless
          > > to witness mental, physical and emotional fluctuations.
          > > At first you may be embarrassed at how awkward
          > > and inappropriate they have been and are. But soon
          > > you will just laugh at the ridiculous actions and
          > > recognize them to be just a part of a show you
          > > are attending. For in truth you are not your mind
          > > nor your body or your emotions and have no
          > > ownership over the way they play around. You are
          > > the witness to them and the creative energy
          > > behind them. There really is no need to judge or
          > > compare or comment about anything. When that
          > > becomes experiential and not just theoretical, you
          > > will be living in the now and that lasts

        • Steven Klassen
          Message 4 of 8 , Dec 7, 2008
            Hi Jeff..you may enjoy the meditation at www.sigler.org/klassen...  If your eye be single, your whole body is full of light....Steven

> [...]

            > > most people to get used to placing awareness on
            > > and in the present. It then becomes easier to be
            > > in the witness
            mode during active daily life events.
            > > At a point it becomes spontaneous and effortless
            > > to witness mental, physical and emotional fluctuations.
            > > At first you may be embarrassed at how awkward
            > > and inappropriate they have been and are. But soon
            > > you will just laugh at the ridiculous actions and
            > > recognize them to be just a part of a show you
            > > are attending. For in truth you are not your mind
            > > nor your body or your emotions and have no
            > > ownership over the way they play around. You are
            > > the witness to them and the creative energy
            > > behind them. There really is no need to judge or
            > > compare or comment about anything. When that
            > > becomes experiential and not just theoretical, you
            > > will be living in the now and that lasts

          • Jeff Belyea
            Message 5 of 8 , Dec 8, 2008
              --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, Steven Klassen
              <stevenhawk7@...> wrote:

              > Hi Jeff..you may enjoy the meditation at www.sigler.org/klassen...
              If your eye be single, your whole body is full of light....Steven

              Thanks, Steven. Great stuff.
              More parallels with 7 energy
              points,7 furnishings and 7
              Chakras.