Weekly Words of Wisdom by Swami Sarchidananda

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 29, 2008
      The True Self

      "The true Self is eternally pure, unchanging,
      immortal and never tainted by anything. It is
      always peaceful. The problem is that you don't
      see your true Self, but only the image of your
      true Self on the mirror of the mind. So, when
      the mind gets tossed, the image is disturbed.
      The image seems to assume those disturbances
      because of the mind. The image seems to be bound,
      but you are never bound. If you still feel that
      you have to liberate yourself, the only liberation
      is to liberate the mind from the selfishness that
      creates all this disturbance in the mind. Liberate
      yourself from the personal ego, the I-ness and the
      my-ness that says, `I want everything.' Then, you
      will be always peaceful. You will realize the
      true nature of your own Self.

      "God bless you. Om Shanthi, Shanthi, Shanthi."

      For More info about Swami Satchidananda:
      http://www.YogaAndPeace.org