Who You Are

    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 7, 2008
      From an email request, we gladly share this
      article from Issue 2 of The Inner Traveler

      Who You Are

      Before your mother knew you were in her womb,
      before any doctor, politician, family member,
      religious leader, or anyone else on earth even
      knew you existed, the Highest Power so loved
      you that he gave you life and protected and
      nourished you. Before you had drawn your first
      breath, the Highest Power had already demonstrated
      love and concern for you and provided all you
      needed for your well-being, and this continues
      to this very moment.

      Your inner Witness, your Real Self, has gone from
      the womb of flesh to the womb of the Cosmos. The
      Highest has made every atom, that makes up every
      molecule, that makes up every cell, that makes up
      every organ in your body, perfectly compatible with
      everything the Universe provides. The air, earth,
      fire, and water have been created in the precise
      proportions necessary to provide the environment
      needed for you to survive and thrive. The odds
      against this happening by chance are trillions
      to one and can be appreciated as absolute proof
      of the Highest's loving intervention and intention.

      Mother Earth is in an exquisite rhythm with its
      sister planets as gravity and motion balance their
      dance around Father Sun, as it travels in concert
      with the billions of other stars and heavenly bodies
      that make up our galaxy. Ultimately, the hundreds of
      billions of galaxies, in harmony, provide the exact
      perfect conditions that allow consciousness to exist
      and evolve. You are, always were, and will always be,
      the love child of the Highest Power. Every atom in
      the universe is presenting itself to enlighten you.
      The celestial stage has been set. It is for you to
      decide to be conscious of the cosmos and embrace your
      infinite, eternal identity. Royal Divine Child of
      the Universe, awaken and live happily ever after.
      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 31 8:26 AM
[...]

        Who You Are Meditation Technique

        Position yourself in the posture you have
        found to be the one that affords the greatest
        comfort to you, while letting you maintain an
        alert awareness without falling asleep. Direct
        your inner chatterer to be still and your emotions
        to remain in a serene state.

        With eyes open, let your gaze fall to any
        given spot on the surface of the floor or ground.
        If you are sitting on sand, pick out one grain
        to focus on. If you are on a carpet, lock your
        attention on one fiber. And so on. Witness your
        mind making comments, comparisons, and judgements,
        but remain unreactive.

        Simply let the gazing continue no matter
        how strongly your chatterer tries to discourage
        you. It will eventually cease and desist. As
        your concentration becomes more intense, with
        less and less effort, you will start to see movement.

        For instance, the grains of sand may
        start to appear to be giving off light that
        is flowing in a paisley pattern motion. This
        is the atomic and pre-atomic nature of reality
        presenting itself to you. Soon thereafter the
        air, earth, water, and fire within and without
        you will reveal their atomic unification and
        join in this dance of light.

        This will continue until your mind chatter
        stops it. By stilling the mind, the intensity
        will grow until the point is reached where it
        is not unusual for the experience to be so
        astonishing and overwhelming that inner comments
        like "Oh my God!" and "Thank you God" occur.

        Simultaneously, language becomes insufficient
        and only feelings of love and adoration suffice.
        Keep at one with the eternal silence of the
        inner Witness and you will know your limitless
        and total connection with the universe and its creator.

        The misidentification of your self as apart
        from the rest of the universe as a body, mind,
        or feeling will evaporate like a fog lifting, and
        there revealed in all glory will be the divine
        Garden of Eden that has always been present.
        And you will live happily ever after.
        After Thought

        Half a century ago, on one of TV's first
        variety shows, the Ed Sullivan Show, a ventriloquist
        named Senor Wences used to have a running gag
        with his puppet (which was simply his hand with
        some lipstick on it, to make it look like a face).
        He would say, "That's easy to do!" about various
        things, and his hand puppet would answer "Easy
        for you, difficult for me!" in a Spanish dialect.
        This always made the audience convulse with
        laughter. But in real life, when things are easy
        for someone else, but difficult for you, you
        rarely find it humorous.

        As a matter of fact, adjectives like
        frustrating, annoying, ego deflating, and so
        on, are often much more accurate descriptions
        of how you feel. The Who You Are Meditation
        Technique has the potential to be in this
        category. It is easy to tell someone "Sit comfortably,
        concentrate, and let the Highest Power fill you
        with all the wonders and wisdom of the universe".

        But can you actually sit comfortably enough,
        for long enough for your attention to remain
        focused enough? If so, this and every other
        technique will "work". If not, like most things,
        the more you practice, the better you will get.
        Persevere, because unlike most things, the end
        result of this and every meditative effort has
        the potential to lead to the end of all effort.
        And effortlessly, you will live happily ever after.

        This article and technique first appeared
        in our newsletter, The Inner Traveler.
      • mindgoal
        Message 3 of 8 , Aug 31 10:46 AM
          Great stuff. Thank you, Bob. Jeff

          Message 4 of 8 , Aug 31 11:46 AM
            Thanks Papajeff, much appreciated!
            BTW, what's happening with your October
            Enlightened Healer Symposium? Last I heard
            you had commitments from more than a dozen
            different world-class healers to share their
            wisdom. Are the dates and location set?
            Peace and blessing,
            Bob

            Message 5 of 8 , Aug 31 1:29 PM

              > Thanks Papajeff, much appreciated!
              > BTW, what's happening with your October
              > Enlightened Healer Symposium? Last I heard
              > you had commitments from more than a dozen
              > different world-class healers to share their
              > wisdom. Are the dates and location set?
              > Peace and blessing,
              > Bob

              Yes, 15 presenters at The Enlightened Healer Symposium
              coming to St. Petersburg, Florida on Oct 16 and 17.

              More information and complete roster with synopsis
              of the various presentations at

              http://www.enlightenedhealers.com