The Non-Dual Championship Dual

    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 28, 2008
      "Jeff Belyea" <jeff@...> wrote:

      > Thanks, Bob.
      >
      > Maharaji Prem Rawat made the point
      > succinctly with, "Effort precedes grace."
      >
      > Whew, for the rain. Go Rays.
      >
      > Tampa Bay Jeff

      Yo Papajeff,
      There was no Ray of sunshine in that game, but
      the rain surely brought one to Tampa fans. I of
      course expect the Phils to win tomorrow and end
      the 28 year championship wait we've suffered
      with here. And with the birds now playing at
      close to full strength, it gives hope for a dual
      parade at this time of this Yuga. But...although in
      the eternal now, we know that just witnessing the
      events of life as they take place is the only
      "real" way to deal in and with Reality, getting into
      following sports and philosophizing about their possible
      turns of events is quite an interesting/enticing way
      to be grounded in this material world, and it seems to
      have a value... It's fun and fun is usually happy,
      and there's nothing wrong with that spiritually.
      (OK - does this justify the off-topic fan stuff!)
    • Jeff Belyea
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 28, 2008
        --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, medit8ionsociety <no_reply@...>
        wrote:

        > "Jeff Belyea" <jeff@> wrote:
        > >
        > > Thanks, Bob.
        > >
        > > Maharaji Prem Rawat made the point
        > > succinctly with, "Effort precedes grace."
        > >
        > > Whew, for the rain. Go Rays.
        > >
        > > Tampa Bay Jeff
        > >
        > Yo Papajeff,
        > There was no Ray of sunshine in that game, but
        > the rain surely brought one to Tampa fans. I of
        > course expect the Phils to win tomorrow and end
        > the 28 year championship wait we've suffered
        > with here. And with the birds now playing at
        > close to full strength, it gives hope for a dual
        > parade at this time of this Yuga. But...although in
        > the eternal now, we know that just witnessing the
        > events of life as they take place is the only
        > "real" way to deal in and with Reality, getting into
        > following sports and philosophizing about their possible
        > turns of events is quite an interesting/enticing way
        > to be grounded in this material world, and it seems to
        > have a value... It's fun and fun is usually happy,
        > and there's nothing wrong with that spiritually.
        > (OK - does this justify the off-topic fan stuff!)
        > Peace and blessings,
        > Bob

        Hey, Bob -

        Yes, any activity that involves a sphere,
        spinning and soaring through space
        makes for a wonderful meditative yantra,
        an apt metaphor for spiritual
        soaring, analogous to blissball on
        which we live, and therefore, on topic.

        The Phillie's may do a 9th Avenue
        Freeze Out on the Rays, but I don't
        think McNabb can do the advaita
        shuffle all season. A nondual realization
        is more likely .

        Jeff