Re: [Meditation Society of America] Re: food controversy

  • sean tremblay
    Message 1 of 9 , Oct 15, 2008
      I recon I'll stick to beer

      --- On Wed, 10/15/08, medit8ionsociety <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

> [...]
      > Indian-manufactured
      > rasa shastra medicines could result in lead and/or
      > mercury ingestions 100 to 10,000 times greater than
      > acceptable limits," the researchers wrote.
      >
      > Seventy-five percent of the products claimed to be
      > manufactured under Good Manufacturing Practices.
      >
      > Products made by members of the American Herbal
      > Products Association (AHPA) were less likely to
      > contain metals, according to the study.
      >
      > Michael McGuffin, president of the AHPA, said,
      > "It's
      > not an accident that AHPA members performed better.
      > We've called our members attention to the presence of
      > heavy metals in plant materials. Lead is ubiquitous.
      > It's in the soil and in the plants. I don't think
      > you
      > can get these levels to zero, but it is the
      > manufacturers'
      > responsibility to know the amount and to limit it."
      >
      > AHPA also recommends that its members don't manufacture
      >
      > rasa shastra products.
      >
      > Saper said that the FDA hasn't currently set a maximum
      > level allowed for lead, mercury and arsenic in dietary
      > supplements, but he believes they should.
      >
      > McGuffin recommended buying products made by members
      > of AHPA, because the study found they were least likely
      > to contain metals, and he said consumers should call
      > the makers of their medicines and "ask tough
      > questions."
      > He said if you call a company and ask what their limits
      > are for lead, and the representative says they don't
      > know, that's a red flag.
      >

      > SOURCES: Robert B. Saper, M.D., M.P.H., assistant
      > professor, family
      > medicine, Boston University School of Medicine, and
      > director,
      > integrative medicine, Boston Medical Center, Mass.; Michael
      > McGuffin,
      > president, American Herbal Products Association, Silver
      > Spring, Md.;
      > Aug. 27, 2008, Journal of the American Medical Association
      >
      > FAIR USE NOTICE
      > This site contains copyrighted material the
      > use of which has not always been specifically
      > authorized by the copyright owner. We are
      > making such material available in our efforts
      > to advance understanding of environmental,
      > political, human rights, economic, democracy,
      > scientific, spiritual, and social justice issues,
      > etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use'
      > of any such copyrighted material as provided
      > for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
      > In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107,
      > the material on this site is distributed
      > without profit to those who have expressed a
      > prior interest in receiving the included information
      > for research and educational purposes. For more
      > information go to:
      > http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.
      > If you wish to use copyrighted material from this
      > site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair
      > use',
      > you must obtain permission from the copyright owner
    • Gwyn Plaine
      Message 2 of 9 , Oct 15, 2008
        Ironically, mercury is in vaccines, as stabilising agent. There's no
        safe ingestion level for mercury, and injecting it is worse than oral
        ingestion. THe FDA are refusing to look at mercury free, due to cost.
        Amazing how the rules vary by the size of company pushing the
        poison... :)

      • M.V.T. DHANANJEYAN
        Message 3 of 9 , Oct 15, 2008
          --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "Gwyn Plaine"
          <gplaine@...> wrote:

> [...]
          > >> authorized by the copyright owner. We are
          > >> making such material available in our efforts
          > >> to advance understanding of environmental,
          > >> political, human rights, economic, democracy,
          > >> scientific, spiritual, and social justice issues,
          > >> etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use'
          > >> of any such copyrighted material as provided
          > >> for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
          > >> In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107,
          > >> the material on this site is distributed
          > >> without profit to those who have expressed a
          > >> prior interest in receiving the included information
          > >> for research and educational purposes. For more
          > >> information go to:
          > >> http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.
          > >> If you wish to use copyrighted material from this
          > >> site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair
          > >> use',
          > >> you must obtain permission from the copyright owner

          DEAR SIR

          IN HINDU CULTURE THE MERCURY IS KNOWN AS SIVANAR VINDHU ( SEMEN
          OF LORD SIVA). THERE ARE MANY MEDICINE WITH MERCURY. I CAN SAY
          SIVANAR AMIRDHAM IS ON OF THE METAL MEDICINE-- AYURVEDA PEOPLE USES.
          THERE ARE OTHER MEDICINES LIKE GOLD PASPAM (POWDER), IRON PASPAM ,
          PEARL PASPAM NOTING BUT PROCESSED POWDER OF SEA SHELL. SO OLD
          MEDICINE USES MANY METAL AS MEDICINE. NOW, ONLY WE ARE TALKING ABOUT
          NANO PARTICLE . BUT , OUR ANCESTOR HAD KNOWLEDGE VERY LONG BACK ABOUT
          NANO MEDICINE.

          ACTUALLY IN SCIENCE THERE IS NO TECHNOLOGY EXISTING TO SOLIDIFY
          MERCURY . BUT IN AYURVEDIC TECHNOLOGY SOLDIFICATION IS THEIR FOR
          MERCURY. IN SOME SHOP THEY SELL SOLDIFIED MERCURY IN THE FORM OF SIVA
          LINGA PEOPLE USES FOR PRAYAR (LIKE STATUE).
        • truthgold9
          Message 4 of 9 , Oct 15, 2008
            <gplaine@...> wrote:

> [...]
            > >> authorized by the copyright owner. We are
            > >> making such material available in our efforts
            > >> to advance understanding of environmental,
            > >> political, human rights, economic, democracy,
            > >> scientific, spiritual, and social justice issues,
            > >> etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use'
            > >> of any such copyrighted material as provided
            > >> for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
            > >> In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107,
            > >> the material on this site is distributed
            > >> without profit to those who have expressed a
            > >> prior interest in receiving the included information
            > >> for research and educational purposes. For more
            > >> information go to:
            > >> http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.
            > >> If you wish to use copyrighted material from this
            > >> site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair
            > >> use',
            > >> you must obtain permission from the copyright owner

            Dear Sir

            Yogic , vedic , ayurvedic is nothing But

            Yogic is indicated who is master in meditation . By meditation who
            achieved many things like knowing about past and future. flying in
            air, vanishing from one place and appearing in an another place,
            coming out from your body and going inside these are all a part of
            achievements . Ultimatum is higher than this.

            People who achieved higher capability like coming after death (like
            Jesus) known as yogis

            vedic -- well defined observed fact written long long back ago with
            high understaning known as veda . the procedure is known as vedic.
            It explains all about the universe all things in the universe. But in
            a hidden form. One should analyse and experience to understand.

            ayurvedic -- old method , medical science using herbs and metals as
            medicine. Well available in india , china , japan .
            I can't say is not available in other place. It may be their in some
            other name.