Re: [Meditation Society of America] food controversy

  • sean tremblay
    Message 1 of 9 , Oct 14, 2008
      To bad uncontrolled sex is my favorite kind!

      Message 2 of 9 , Oct 15, 2008
        <bethjams9@...> wrote:

        > To bad uncontrolled sex is my favorite kind!

        Dear sir
        It is true controlled food and totally controlled sex along
        with meditation will take to a great height. Olden days rishi ,
        yogis , (vivekananda, ramanar , ramakrishnar stayed like this).

        AND ,, It is true now a days no body is interested to have high
        experience.

        A simple variation is total control sex with some medicine is advised
        i.e. not to affect our body is needed at the time of total control.

        In indian medicine ayurveda is given as Mudhanda Kasayam it contains
        18 herbs combination. This will help you to stay without ejaculation
        for a long period of time. yogis use to take for their achievements.

        Thank you
      • sean tremblay
        Message 3 of 9 , Oct 15, 2008
          Has there been any news on the formation of a free yogic/vedic/ayurvedic web site sponered by the Indian Gov. I say a program on the topc and It ws supposed to counter the profiteering of India's cultural inheritence. But I have not found the sight.
          Any body have a bead on that?

          Message 4 of 9 , Oct 15, 2008
            <bethjams9@...> wrote:

            > Has there been any news on the formation of a free
            yogic/vedic/ayurvedic web site sponered by the Indian Gov. I say a
            program on the topc and It ws supposed to counter the profiteering of
            India's cultural inheritence. But I have not found the sight.
            > Any body have a bead on that?

            Yo Sean,
            While Googleing about Ayurvedic web sites,
            I found then below copied info. And just when
            I was about to order one of my favorites:
            Chwayn Prash, which i have found
            to be an excellent "wake me up" that has no
            crash at all.
            Oh well!
            'Ayurvedic' Medicines May Contain Lead, Mercury or Arsenic

            August 26 (HealthDay News) -- About one in five
            ayurvedic medicine products purchased on the
            Internet contain significant levels of lead,
            mercury or arsenic, a new study finds.

            The researchers found that products manufactured
            in the United States were even more likely to
            contain the metals than those made in India, where
            the ayurvedic approach was first developed centuries
            ago. Furthermore, 75 percent of the products containing
            lead, mercury or arsenic advertised that they were
            manufactured using "Good Manufacturing Practices,"
            which is a U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA)
            regulation meant to ensure quality.

            "We randomly purchased 193 traditional Indian
            (ayurvedic) medicine products from the Internet.
            About 60 percent were from U.S. companies and 40
            percent from Indian companies. Twenty-one percent
            had significant levels of lead, mercury and arsenic,"
            said the study's lead author, Dr. Robert B. Saper, an
            assistant professor of family medicine at Boston
            University School of Medicine, and director of
            integrative medicine at Boston Medical Center.

            In high levels, these metals can be toxic.

            Results of the study are published in the Aug. 27
            issue of the Journal of the American Medical Association.

            Ayurvedic medicine is an ancient Indian practice that
            combines the use of numerous modalities, such as
            herbal medicine, massage and special diets, to promote
            wellness and prevent illness, according to the U.S.
            National Center for Complementary and Alternative
            Medicine.

            There are two common practices in ayurveda -- either
            herbal medicine alone, or herbal medicines combined
            with metals and gems, a practice known as rasa shastra.
            In rasa shastra, herbs are combined with metals such
            as lead, mercury, iron and zinc, and gems such as
            pearl. Those that practice this type of ayurveda believe
            it is safe and therapeutic, according to the study.

            Saper said that "many traditional Indian practitioners
            believe quite strongly that if rasa shastra is done
            correctly, it is safe," that he feels these practices
            should be "seriously called into question." Saper also
            said that he doesn't believe anyone should deliberately
            ingest lead, mercury or arsenic.

            The current study included 193 products randomly
            selected and purchased over the Internet. The researchers
            found that 20.7 percent contained metals. The rate in
            U.S. manufactured products was 21.7 percent, and in
            Indian products, it was 19.5 percent.

            Not surprisingly, almost 41 percent of rasa shastra
            products had a greater prevalence of metals, including
            high levels of lead and mercury. "Several Indian-manufactured
            rasa shastra medicines could result in lead and/or
            mercury ingestions 100 to 10,000 times greater than
            acceptable limits," the researchers wrote.

            Seventy-five percent of the products claimed to be
            manufactured under Good Manufacturing Practices.

            Products made by members of the American Herbal
            Products Association (AHPA) were less likely to
            contain metals, according to the study.

            Michael McGuffin, president of the AHPA, said, "It's
            not an accident that AHPA members performed better.
            We've called our members attention to the presence of
            heavy metals in plant materials. Lead is ubiquitous.
            It's in the soil and in the plants. I don't think you
            can get these levels to zero, but it is the manufacturers'
            responsibility to know the amount and to limit it."

            AHPA also recommends that its members don't manufacture
            rasa shastra products.

            Saper said that the FDA hasn't currently set a maximum
            level allowed for lead, mercury and arsenic in dietary
            supplements, but he believes they should.

            McGuffin recommended buying products made by members
            of AHPA, because the study found they were least likely
            to contain metals, and he said consumers should call
            the makers of their medicines and "ask tough questions."
            He said if you call a company and ask what their limits
            are for lead, and the representative says they don't
            know, that's a red flag.

            SOURCES: Robert B. Saper, M.D., M.P.H., assistant professor, family
            medicine, Boston University School of Medicine, and director,
            integrative medicine, Boston Medical Center, Mass.; Michael McGuffin,
            president, American Herbal Products Association, Silver Spring, Md.;
            Aug. 27, 2008, Journal of the American Medical Association

            FAIR USE NOTICE
            This site contains copyrighted material the
            use of which has not always been specifically
            authorized by the copyright owner. We are
            making such material available in our efforts
            to advance understanding of environmental,
            scientific, spiritual, and social justice issues,
            etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use'
            for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
            the material on this site is distributed
            without profit to those who have expressed a
            prior interest in receiving the included information
            for research and educational purposes. For more
            information go to:
            http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.
            site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use',
            you must obtain permission from the copyright owner
          • sean tremblay
            Message 5 of 9 , Oct 15, 2008
              I recon I'll stick to beer

> [...]
              > authorized by the copyright owner. We are
              > making such material available in our efforts
              > to advance understanding of environmental,
              > political, human rights, economic, democracy,
              > scientific, spiritual, and social justice issues,
              > etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use'
              > of any such copyrighted material as provided
              > for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
              > In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107,
              > the material on this site is distributed
              > without profit to those who have expressed a
              > prior interest in receiving the included information
              > for research and educational purposes. For more
              > information go to:
              > http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.
              > If you wish to use copyrighted material from this
              > site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair
              > use',
              > you must obtain permission from the copyright owner
            • Gwyn Plaine
              Message 6 of 9 , Oct 15, 2008
                Ironically, mercury is in vaccines, as stabilising agent. There's no
                safe ingestion level for mercury, and injecting it is worse than oral
                ingestion. THe FDA are refusing to look at mercury free, due to cost.
                Amazing how the rules vary by the size of company pushing the
                poison... :)

              • M.V.T. DHANANJEYAN
                Message 7 of 9 , Oct 15, 2008
                  --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "Gwyn Plaine"
                  <gplaine@...> wrote:

> [...]
                  > >> authorized by the copyright owner. We are
                  > >> making such material available in our efforts
                  > >> to advance understanding of environmental,
                  > >> political, human rights, economic, democracy,
                  > >> scientific, spiritual, and social justice issues,
                  > >> etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use'
                  > >> of any such copyrighted material as provided
                  > >> for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
                  > >> In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107,
                  > >> the material on this site is distributed
                  > >> without profit to those who have expressed a
                  > >> prior interest in receiving the included information
                  > >> for research and educational purposes. For more
                  > >> information go to:
                  > >> http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.
                  > >> If you wish to use copyrighted material from this
                  > >> site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair
                  > >> use',
                  > >> you must obtain permission from the copyright owner

                  DEAR SIR

                  IN HINDU CULTURE THE MERCURY IS KNOWN AS SIVANAR VINDHU ( SEMEN
                  OF LORD SIVA). THERE ARE MANY MEDICINE WITH MERCURY. I CAN SAY
                  SIVANAR AMIRDHAM IS ON OF THE METAL MEDICINE-- AYURVEDA PEOPLE USES.
                  THERE ARE OTHER MEDICINES LIKE GOLD PASPAM (POWDER), IRON PASPAM ,
                  PEARL PASPAM NOTING BUT PROCESSED POWDER OF SEA SHELL. SO OLD
                  MEDICINE USES MANY METAL AS MEDICINE. NOW, ONLY WE ARE TALKING ABOUT
                  NANO PARTICLE . BUT , OUR ANCESTOR HAD KNOWLEDGE VERY LONG BACK ABOUT
                  NANO MEDICINE.

                  ACTUALLY IN SCIENCE THERE IS NO TECHNOLOGY EXISTING TO SOLIDIFY
                  MERCURY . BUT IN AYURVEDIC TECHNOLOGY SOLDIFICATION IS THEIR FOR
                  MERCURY. IN SOME SHOP THEY SELL SOLDIFIED MERCURY IN THE FORM OF SIVA
                  LINGA PEOPLE USES FOR PRAYAR (LIKE STATUE).
                • truthgold9
                  Message 8 of 9 , Oct 15, 2008
                    <gplaine@...> wrote:

> [...]
                    > >> authorized by the copyright owner. We are
                    > >> making such material available in our efforts
                    > >> to advance understanding of environmental,
                    > >> political, human rights, economic, democracy,
                    > >> scientific, spiritual, and social justice issues,
                    > >> etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use'
                    > >> of any such copyrighted material as provided
                    > >> for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
                    > >> In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107,
                    > >> the material on this site is distributed
                    > >> without profit to those who have expressed a
                    > >> prior interest in receiving the included information
                    > >> for research and educational purposes. For more
                    > >> information go to:
                    > >> http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.
                    > >> If you wish to use copyrighted material from this
                    > >> site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair
                    > >> use',
                    > >> you must obtain permission from the copyright owner

                    Dear Sir

                    Yogic , vedic , ayurvedic is nothing But

                    Yogic is indicated who is master in meditation . By meditation who
                    achieved many things like knowing about past and future. flying in
                    air, vanishing from one place and appearing in an another place,
                    coming out from your body and going inside these are all a part of
                    achievements . Ultimatum is higher than this.

                    People who achieved higher capability like coming after death (like
                    Jesus) known as yogis

                    vedic -- well defined observed fact written long long back ago with
                    high understaning known as veda . the procedure is known as vedic.
                    It explains all about the universe all things in the universe. But in
                    a hidden form. One should analyse and experience to understand.

                    ayurvedic -- old method , medical science using herbs and metals as
                    medicine. Well available in india , china , japan .
                    I can't say is not available in other place. It may be their in some
                    other name.