Re: [Meditation Society of America] Re: meditation

  • Gwyn Plaine
    Message 1 of 34 , Oct 7, 2008
      I tend toward a rather eclectic (flashy word for 'something I made
      up/cobbled together/sort of fell in to') Taoist/Chan mix, so my
      practice is slightly martial in movement (Taiji) with Buddhist overlay
      in repose, rather than the Vedic/Yogic path (my intorduction to things
      Easterns was Yogic, since one of the local TV station here in the UK
      used to have a program presented by a conjurer called Robert Halpern
      in the 1970s).

      On topic; One thing the Buddha was insistent on (and a point that
      makes complete sense to me) was that one can't meditate if one is in
      an unhealthy body. Lao Tsu also believed that one should follow the
      nature of the beast that one is (in), but not in a way that created
      disharmony of nature. Also, in Ayurveda, some dosha combinations are
      recommended meat, milk, and ghee (the latter sparingly being rajaistic
      in the extreme... after my long dark night of the bowels a friend of
      mine insisted on two cups of a Chai mix, made with ghee and full fat
      boiled milk, a day for a month to 'get me back on track', when I'd
      recovered some of the way. God's teeth, I found it foul, but it
      worked! Not something you'd take for pleasure, or give to a fully
      weakened constitution, but it settled a lot of persistent issues.)

      As Krishna points out in the Gita, all paths end up in the same place,
      and the 'how' of the approach is as individuated as the one on the
      path...

      On Tue, Oct 7, 2008 at 9:55 PM, sean tremblay <bethjams9@...> wrote:
      > Agreed
      > everybody is different, my wife feels better going strckly veg, I on the
      > other hand feel like I need a certain amount of meat, she eats three square
      > a day, I can get by with one or two, of our three sons the youngest and
      > oldest take after her while the middle boy is like me in regards to diet. It
      > makes for some creative meal time solutions but we manage just fine and
      > everbody is healthy and we all meditate do our Ashtanga as Beth directs.

    • swarmeditation
      Message 34 of 34 , Feb 1, 2011
        I AM SPIRITUAL MASTER FROM INDIA I TEACH MEDITATION FOR SELF REALISATION
        ANY ONE INTERESTED PLEASE CONTACT ME I WILL GUIDE PROPERLY THANKS