Re: [Meditation Society of America] Re: meditation

  • Gwyn Plaine
    Message 1 of 34 , Oct 7, 2008
      My, you seem awfully defensive. Maybe it's too much roughage.

      However, to pander to your minor foot stamping, been there, tried it,
      was unimpressed due to a congenitally short gut that really doesn't
      like being fed too many leaves. The undigested, fermenting lumps of
      composted vegetation really was nasty, windy, and hard on the skin of
      sensitive areas. Stuck it out for half a year until the MD told me I
      really shouldn't, and a balance, with a slight bias to long string
      proteins (animal) would be 'advisable in the extreme' or I'd have to
      take vast mounts of cellulase to even partially gain what I was
      losing. As I said, one size does not fit all. Believe me, with the
      crap they stick in meat these days, I'd prefer not to HAVE to eat it,
      but reducing just makes me sluggish, bad tempered, my mental processes
      slow, my entire gastro-intestinal tract and colorectal region behave
      like I'm a diseased cow, and my ribs stand out like Gollum's since
      I'm not absorbing food.

      As to 'all faiths advice a veg diet for the serious aspirant' (sic)...
      well, that's a sweeping statement, and inaccurate. Only Western
      Tibetans thrust the idea of no animal protein, the Masai would say you
      were mad (unless you're implying their 'faith' is somehow 'not
      one'...) Christians don't push it (it's against the words of St Paul)
      It's not a feature of any mainstream Judaic sect, nor Islamic although
      I recall some Sufis in Turkey adhere. Northern shamen would starve if
      they swore off meat. Native Americans have never extolled such a diet
      as a virtue. A short list, but a representative one.

      All faiths? I think you overstate the position quite wildly.

      The suggestion that it is a requirement is an overstatement, to the
      point of falsehood. In many respects it's nothing more than the
      tonsure of the Chrisitan, or the side burns and beard of the Hassidic;
      something to pin an identity on as a member of a specific spiritual
      group... As I stated in the quoted text, cultural adiaphora.

      In the end, it's down to the individual.

      On Tue, Oct 7, 2008 at 1:42 PM, krishnan sundaram
      <krish_cost@...> wrote:

      > Hey, why dont you take me on ?
      > Give up non-veg for a week and mail me after that.
      > All faiths advice a veg diet for the serious aspirant.
      > It is an aid to meditation like so many other aids.
      > But if you can do without it, that's just great.
      > SKrishnan

    • swarmeditation
      Message 34 of 34 , Feb 1, 2011
        I AM SPIRITUAL MASTER FROM INDIA I TEACH MEDITATION FOR SELF REALISATION
        ANY ONE INTERESTED PLEASE CONTACT ME I WILL GUIDE PROPERLY THANKS