Re: meditation

    Message 1 of 34 , Oct 4, 2008
      --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, krishnan sundaram
      <krish_cost@...> wrote:

      > Is it possible to meditate on a non-vegetarian diet ?
      > SKrishnan

      Yo Sri Krishan,
      Anything that distracts you from concentrating
      on the object of your meditation is not recommended.
      The ancient advise is that a non-vegetarian
      diet is so hard to digest that your body's efforts
      to process meat will distract you and make it
      difficult or impossible to focus enough to allow your
      concentration to flow into a meditative state. Or,
      if you are in a meditative state, the digestion
      effort will cause you to end it and focus on
      your abdominal distress, thus negating the
      possibility of merging with the object of your
      meditation (Contemplation). But...there is no
      doubt that there are meat-eaters who have attained
      and maintained a meditative state. So, does
      eating meat cause you to be distracted from
      your meditation, or do you "get away with it"?
      If so, there is no problem. Similarly, there
      is a question of the ethics of eating other
      creatures flesh and the Karma that ensues from
      this. Will the Karma, or the question itself, be
      a distraction for you? If not, there is no
      problem. As with all things, if what you are
      doing takes your peace away, it is "bad" and
      you shouldn't do it. If what you are doing is
      giving you peace, it is "good" and it is OK
      to do. Personally, I have been a vegetarian for
      almost 45 years and have not found this to be
      a problem relative to meditation. It is my
      inner chatter that causes distraction to me
      (and I think everyone) and meditation practice
      has enabled it to be silenced enough to bring
      me peace. And that is is meat of the matter!
    • swarmeditation
      Message 34 of 34 , Feb 1, 2011
        I AM SPIRITUAL MASTER FROM INDIA I TEACH MEDITATION FOR SELF REALISATION
        ANY ONE INTERESTED PLEASE CONTACT ME I WILL GUIDE PROPERLY THANKS