Re: [Meditation Society of America] Reminder About What NOT To Post

  • sean tremblay
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 19 7:28 PM
      Bob,
      Recently I asked for people who are interested in donating, stuff to Afgani children. This was not a solicitation for money. I'm looking everywhere and asking all my friends. I will be in Afganistan with the Afgan National Army for about a year, toys and coloring books go along way with winning trust! a hell of a lot more than bullets do. I asked this forum because I figured you folks might want to help. I'm not asking for much and I am not expecting much. I hope I have not over stepped any bounds.
      Thanks
      Sean

      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 19 7:48 PM
        <bethjams9@...> wrote:

        > Bob,
        > Recently I asked for people who are interested in donating, stuff to
        Afgani children. This was not a solicitation for money. I'm looking
        everywhere and asking all my friends. I will be in Afganistan with
        the Afgan National Army for about a year, toys and coloring books go
        along way with winning trust! a hell of a lot more than bullets do. I
        asked this forum because I figured you folks might want to help. I'm
        not asking for much and I am not expecting much. I hope I have not
        over stepped any bounds.
        > Thanks
        > Sean

        Yo Sean
        What you are doing is a totally different thing and seems
        to be quite a righteous one. The new member has just
        explained in an email to me that he had
        an intention to do a survey with the intention
        of finding what kind of meditations people
        wanted and then "make" these meditations (I think
        CD's or something similar) and then "...be paid for
        the work and study that's gone into making
        these meditations". I do believe that his intentions
        are innocent and so he is not banned, as were all the
        others who have tried to use this forum for
        business of some kind. But we are specifically
        dedicated to the free exchange of meditation
        techniques and concepts and are not here to
        help someone start a meditation business
        venture. Anyway, I hope you will feel free to
        further let us know how to go about donating
        to help the Afgani children. If you are involved,
        I know that compassion and selfless service will
        be part of this project and thus I feel that
        this is a fitting thing for us to help publicize.
        I wish you well with your new endeavor.
      • sean tremblay
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 19 7:59 PM
          Thanks Bob,