Reminder About What NOT To Post

    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 19, 2008
      No posts of advertisements or anything similar!
      This forum is not intended to be a vehicle
      for selling things. Our newest member, like
      all new members, is on "Moderation" and the
      post they wanted to have today listed will not
      happen. They have not given us an email address
      to privately let them know of the policy, which
      was posted a few months ago, and as I don't know
      of any other way to contact them I'm doing
      it here and now.
      As is obvious, this request to not "use" this
      forum is again being shared. And I think
      St Martha would sort of say, "It's a good thing"
      So, thanks for letting this opportunity to
      take the focus off of business to occur and to remind
      anyone who doesn't know that we are here to share
      meditation methods, experiences, and ways to
      help consciousness evolve, not for material gain.
    • sean tremblay
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 19, 2008
        Bob,
        Recently I asked for people who are interested in donating, stuff to Afgani children. This was not a solicitation for money. I'm looking everywhere and asking all my friends. I will be in Afganistan with the Afgan National Army for about a year, toys and coloring books go along way with winning trust! a hell of a lot more than bullets do. I asked this forum because I figured you folks might want to help. I'm not asking for much and I am not expecting much. I hope I have not over stepped any bounds.
        Thanks
        Sean

        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 19, 2008
          <bethjams9@...> wrote:

          > Bob,
          > Recently I asked for people who are interested in donating, stuff to
          Afgani children. This was not a solicitation for money. I'm looking
          everywhere and asking all my friends. I will be in Afganistan with
          the Afgan National Army for about a year, toys and coloring books go
          along way with winning trust! a hell of a lot more than bullets do. I
          asked this forum because I figured you folks might want to help. I'm
          not asking for much and I am not expecting much. I hope I have not
          over stepped any bounds.
          > Thanks
          > Sean

          Yo Sean
          What you are doing is a totally different thing and seems
          to be quite a righteous one. The new member has just
          explained in an email to me that he had
          an intention to do a survey with the intention
          of finding what kind of meditations people
          wanted and then "make" these meditations (I think
          CD's or something similar) and then "...be paid for
          the work and study that's gone into making
          these meditations". I do believe that his intentions
          are innocent and so he is not banned, as were all the
          others who have tried to use this forum for
          business of some kind. But we are specifically
          dedicated to the free exchange of meditation
          techniques and concepts and are not here to
          help someone start a meditation business
          venture. Anyway, I hope you will feel free to
          further let us know how to go about donating
          to help the Afgani children. If you are involved,
          I know that compassion and selfless service will
          be part of this project and thus I feel that
          this is a fitting thing for us to help publicize.
          I wish you well with your new endeavor.
        • sean tremblay
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 19, 2008
            Thanks Bob,