[Nonduality Salon] Song lyric of the week

  • Bruce Morgen
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 17 2:10 PM
      "Infinite Night"

      Druglords, crooked cops and thieves,
      preyin’ on the poor and on the weak,
      boys with rifles in their hands,
      far too young to understand,

      When it’s more than you can bear
      let the silence fill the air
      get a glimpse of the holy light
      Well the sun is just a star,
      it reminds you of where we are,
      just a little part of the infinite night

      Rich holding on to what they got
      keep them far away
      from those who have not
      oceans rise and the fires rage on
      too much loss and nothing won

      When it’s more than you can bear
      let the silence fill the air
      get a glimpse of the holy light
      Well the sun is just a star,
      it reminds you of where we are,
      just a little part of the infinite night,
      infinite night

      [instrumental]

      Oh looking down from up above
      how we live and how we love
      how many days are yet to come

      When it’s more than you can bear
      let the silence fill the air
      get a glimpse of the holy light
      Well the sun is just a star,
      it reminds us of where we are,
      just a little part of the infinite night,
      infinite night,
      infinite night …
      _____

      by Carrie Rodriguez, from her CD
      "She Ain't Me" (2008)
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 18 1:43 PM
        <editor@...> wrote:

        > "Infinite Night"
        >
        > Druglords, crooked cops and thieves,
        > preyin' on the poor and on the weak,
        > boys with rifles in their hands,
        > far too young to understand,
        >
        > When it's more than you can bear
        > let the silence fill the air
        > get a glimpse of the holy light
        > Well the sun is just a star,
        > it reminds you of where we are,
        > just a little part of the infinite night
        >
        > Rich holding on to what they got
        > keep them far away
        > from those who have not
        > oceans rise and the fires rage on
        > too much loss and nothing won
        >
        > When it's more than you can bear
        > let the silence fill the air
        > get a glimpse of the holy light
        > Well the sun is just a star,
        > it reminds you of where we are,
        > just a little part of the infinite night,
        > infinite night
        >
        > [instrumental]
        >
        > Oh looking down from up above
        > how we live and how we love
        > how many days are yet to come
        >
        > When it's more than you can bear
        > let the silence fill the air
        > get a glimpse of the holy light
        > Well the sun is just a star,
        > it reminds us of where we are,
        > just a little part of the infinite night,
        > infinite night,
        > infinite night …
        > _____
        >
        > by Carrie Rodriguez, from her CD
        > "She Ain't Me" (2008)

        Yo Sri Bruceji,
        Thanks for the turn on. Quite a trip!
        I checked Carrie out on http://pandora.com
        (where you can program your own "radio
        station") and she has quite a heavenly voice to
        go with her cosmic lyrics and music. Reminds me
        of the Cocteau Twins who use their own language to
        create a transcendent vibration.
        I always enjoy finding something new that lets the
        flow of consciousness go towards (shall we call
        it) the "Holy", and her music does that for me.
        Similarly, like Papajeff and Sri Era, I am quite a
        fan of the inner sound techniques that Sant Mat
        and Prem Rawat teach. They both point within to a
        way that stills the inner chatter, and dissolves the
        cork that keeps in chaos and confusion. This lets
        the disharmony be ejected, thus allowing the celestial
        harmonics of the universe to unveil the divine
        symphony that is sounding here, there and everywhere,
        above and below, in front and behind, within and without
        all and everything. Sri Rodriguez's voice and lyrics,
        for me, at least in this "now", clear the static in a
        similar fashion. Much appreciated hit off the cosmic
        spliff!