NonDuality and Sant Mat

  • Era M
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 16, 2008
      "The knower of the mystery of [the inner sound current - shabda] knows the mystery of the whole universe. Whoever has followed the strains of this sound has forgotten all earthly distinctions and differences, and has reached that goal of truth in which all the Blessed Ones of God unite."

      - Hazrat Inayat Khan
      ______________________________

      With every breath the Sound of Love
      surrounds us, and we are bound for
      the depths of space, without distraction.
      Out beyond duality, we have a Home, and it is Majesty.
      That pure substance is different
      from this dusty world.
      We once came down;
      soon we'll return.
      -- Rumi
      _______________________________

      Some comparative mysticism regarding inner planes or levels of creation.
      All planes of creation are comprised of many levels within levels or spheres within spheres, and even the physical plane may indeed be part of a vast multiverse of universes or parallel universes. Some Masters describe "18,000" universes! To be sure, our awareness of the creation continues to expand, and we keep perceiving more and more and yet more of All That Is.

       http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o3/era4/om/sheets.gif

      There are five basic levels in Sant Mat: astral, mental, causal, etheric, and spiritual.

      Sant Mat Masters generally divide the Fifth Plane (Sach Khand) into four zones: Sat Lok (Sat, Haq -- Truth), Alakh Lok (Invisible), Agam Lok (Inaccessible).

      http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o3/era4/om/planes.jpg

      Within th 5th plane (God plane) there are these:
      The Eighth,
      Akal (Timeless),
      Infinite,
      Nonduality,
      Ultimate Reality,
      The Lord of the Soul,
      The Nameless One,
      The Most High,
      Anurag Sagar

      (The Ocean of Love and All-Consciousness). Spiritual dimensions have been assigned many names in different schools of mysticism and spirituality, and have been categorized, divided and subdivided ("lower astral", "higher astral", etc...) in various ways, but basically, what is being described is "body, mind and spirit": material planes, mental planes and above all, the timeless spiritual realm that is beyond illusion and duality, above *"Mind" and "Time". The goal of Sant Mat *Meditation is to rise above body-consciousness and consciousness of the other subtle bodies of mind and matter, to merge with the Divine River or Current of Sound and Light that flows into the Ocean of All Consciousness (Sach Khand).

    • sean tremblay
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 16, 2008
        Thanks for that

> [...]
        > Ocean of Love and All-Consciousness). Spiritual dimensions
        > have been
        > assigned many names in different schools of mysticism and
        > spirituality,
        > and have been categorized, divided and subdivided
        > ("lower astral",
        > "higher astral", etc...) in various ways, but
        > basically, what is being
        > described is "body, mind and spirit": material
        > planes, mental planes
        > and above all, the timeless spiritual realm that is beyond
        > illusion and
        > duality, above *"Mind" and "Time". The
        > goal of Sant Mat *Meditation is
        > to rise above body-consciousness and consciousness of the
        > other subtle
        > bodies of mind and matter, to merge with the Divine River
        > or Current of
        > Sound and Light that flows into the Ocean of All

      • Jeff Belyea
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 17, 2008
          Hi Sean -

          Era and I have communicated with each other
          off and on for several years. She has an incredible
          store of resources that she shares on several groups.
          (She also produces beautiful artwork.)

          Sant Mat is very cool. When we were in D.C.
          I spent time with a group in the Sant Mat model -
          Path of The Masters - before meeting people
          in Boothbay Harbor who were going to see
          Maharaji (Prem Rawat) who teaches
          similar Kriya Yoga techniques that can
          lead to "Self Knowledge".

          There's a lot of information (pro and con)
          on the net about Prem Rawat. My experience
          with him was incredibly good. He was the
          very colorful "Young Perfect Master" in the
          70s, but has dropped the cosmic, Hindu-
          influenced show that was fashioned for
          him when he was young, for a much more
          grounded approach to achieving inner peace.

          I still go to watch his current videos at
          a local Unity (New Thought) Church.

          Love, as always,

          Jeff

          --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, sean tremblay <bethjams9@...>