Weekly Words of Wisdom by Swami Satchidananda

    Message 1 of 32 , Sep 6, 2008
      Take It Easy

      "As far as possible, live simply and lead
      a natural life. Don't tax your brain, don't
      tax your mind and don't tax your system
      by overloading and overstressing. Take it
      easy, but not lazy. Yoga is something very
      easy, quite enjoyable. If anybody says,
      `Oh, I am trying hard to become a Yogi,'
      I say that person will never become a Yogi.
      One can never become a Yogi by trying hard;
      that is the exact opposite of Yoga. Take it
      easy, that is Yoga, I say. That's my experience:
      Take it easy. Retain your tranquility always.

      "God bless you. Om Shanthi, Shanthi, Shanthi."

      For more by and about Swami Satchidananda:
      http://www.yogaville.org/
      Message 32 of 32 , Jan 3, 2009
        What Makes You Beautiful?

        "The more you worry about your weight,
        the more sick you become. The worry itself
        causes increase in weight because many
        people eat a lot when they worry. The more
        you think of weight, the more weight you
        will have. As you think, so you become.
        Worry is the most dangerous disease. Keep
        the mind healthy always. If someone doesn't
        want to like you because of your weight, that
        person is interested only in your flesh, not
        in your qualities. What will make a person
        beautiful? The beauty of wisdom that dawns
        through tranquility of mind. We have enough
        troubles and worries. Yogis should not be
        bothered with weight issues. Let us think
        of more important things in life that could
        bring peace, joy and harmony.

        For more by and about Swamiji:
        http://yogaville.org/