Re: karthik

    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 24, 2008
      --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, karthik p
      <karthik1eee@...> wrote:

      >  iam karthik. i want to know about how to know about our past life
      or lives through meditation. i don't know the process. so tell me the
      process. and recently i heard that using meditation it is possible to
      know nearly 23 or 32 i don't know the exact number. so tell me the
      process of meditation which is used to know the past life.
      > i am waiting for your reply. buy buy...

      Yo Karthik,
      There is a process by which you keep trying to remember
      back as far as you can and then ask for your memories
      from prior to this birth to present themselves. But,
      I think it would be infinitly more useful to try to
      experience this lifetime as it takes place. And this
      can only be done with an awareness of the present
      moment - moment to moment. This ongoing being in
      your life as it occurs is what many meditative
      practices (like Mindfulness) are all about. By trying to
      rehash the past (of this or any other life), we are
      missing the availability of knowing Reality as it is,
      as Reality takes place only in the present. There
      is not much difference between hallucinating and
      just letting your mind wander here and there. Neither
      rarely is beneficial and usually distracts you from
      the things you really should be aware of. Focus
      your attention in the moment and what you really need
      to deal with and know, and what will be beneficial for you
      will become present. And that is the valuable present that
      meditation brings gift wrapped for you.