karthik

  • karthik p
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 22, 2008
       iam karthik. i want to know about how to know about our past life or lives through meditation. i don't know the process. so tell me the process. and recently i heard that using meditation it is possible to know nearly 23 or 32 i don't know the exact number. so tell me the process of meditation which is used to know the past life.
      i am waiting for your reply. buy buy...

      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 24, 2008
        --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, karthik p
        <karthik1eee@...> wrote:

        >  iam karthik. i want to know about how to know about our past life
        or lives through meditation. i don't know the process. so tell me the
        process. and recently i heard that using meditation it is possible to
        know nearly 23 or 32 i don't know the exact number. so tell me the
        process of meditation which is used to know the past life.
        > i am waiting for your reply. buy buy...

        Yo Karthik,
        There is a process by which you keep trying to remember
        back as far as you can and then ask for your memories
        from prior to this birth to present themselves. But,
        I think it would be infinitly more useful to try to
        experience this lifetime as it takes place. And this
        can only be done with an awareness of the present
        moment - moment to moment. This ongoing being in
        your life as it occurs is what many meditative
        practices (like Mindfulness) are all about. By trying to
        rehash the past (of this or any other life), we are
        missing the availability of knowing Reality as it is,
        as Reality takes place only in the present. There
        is not much difference between hallucinating and
        just letting your mind wander here and there. Neither
        rarely is beneficial and usually distracts you from
        the things you really should be aware of. Focus
        your attention in the moment and what you really need
        to deal with and know, and what will be beneficial for you
        will become present. And that is the valuable present that
        meditation brings gift wrapped for you.