Weekly Words of Wisdom by Swami Satchidananda

    Message 1 of 32 , Aug 2, 2008
      Control Your Tongue

      "If you really want to achieve something great
      in this world—not only spirituality, even in
      your material life—control your tongue. Talk
      limitedly, decently, measure your words twice
      before you talk, because a word is a bird. Yes,
      once let out, you can't whistle it back. It goes
      out of your cage, the teeth, from the mouth.
      Think twice, think thrice: Can I use this word?
      Can I send it out? We don`t think. We just say
      something and then, after, we say, `Oh, I'm sorry.'
      Well you can't just by saying `sorry' take it back.
      It has damaged your relationship, your reputation.
      It is not only money we must spend in a thrifty way,
      even our words must be spent in the proper way.

      "God bless you. Om Shanthi, Shanthi, Shanthi."

      For more about and by Swami Satchidananda:
      http://www.yogaville.org/
      Message 32 of 32 , Jan 3, 2009
        What Makes You Beautiful?

        "The more you worry about your weight,
        the more sick you become. The worry itself
        causes increase in weight because many
        people eat a lot when they worry. The more
        you think of weight, the more weight you
        will have. As you think, so you become.
        Worry is the most dangerous disease. Keep
        the mind healthy always. If someone doesn't
        want to like you because of your weight, that
        person is interested only in your flesh, not
        in your qualities. What will make a person
        beautiful? The beauty of wisdom that dawns
        through tranquility of mind. We have enough
        troubles and worries. Yogis should not be
        bothered with weight issues. Let us think
        of more important things in life that could
        bring peace, joy and harmony.

        For more by and about Swamiji:
        http://yogaville.org/