Re: I am looking for a copy of the seductive sound. I had it but lost it If you

    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 23, 2008
      A man is driving down the road and his car
      breaks down near a monastery.

      He goes to the monastery, knocks on the door,
      and says, "My car broke down.
      Do you think I could stay the night?"

      The Monks graciously accept him, feed him dinner,
      even fix his car. As the man tries to fall asleep,
      he hears a strange sound. A sound not like anything
      he's ever heard before.

      The Sirens that nearly seduced Odysseus into crashing
      his ship comes to his mind.

      He doesn't sleep that night. He tosses and turns
      trying to figure out what could possibly be making
      such a seductive sound.

      The next morning, he asks the Monks what the sound
      was, but they say,
      "We can't tell you. You're not a Monk."

      Distraught, the man is forced to leave.

      Years later, after never being able to forget
      that sound, the man goes back to the monastery
      and pleads for the answer again.

      The Monks reply, "We can't tell you. You're not a Monk."

      The man says, "If the only way I can find out
      what is making that beautiful sound is to become
      a Monk, then please, make me a Monk."

      The Monks reply, "You must travel the earth and tell
      us how many blades of grass there are and the exact
      number of grains of sand. When you find these answers,
      you will have become a Monk."
      The man sets about his task.

      After years of searching he returns as a gray-haired
      old man and knocks on the door of the monastery.
      A Monk answers. He is taken before a gathering of
      all the Monks.

      "In my quest to find what makes that beautiful
      sound, I travelled the earth and have found what
      you asked for:

      By design, the world is in a state of perpetual
      change. Only God knows what you ask. All a man
      can know is himself, and only then if he is honest
      and reflective and ! willing to strip away self deception."

      The Monks reply, "Congratulations. You have become
      a Monk. We shall now show you the way to the mystery
      of the sacred sound."

      The Monks lead the man to a wooden door, where
      the head monk says, "The sound is beyond that door."

      The Monks give him! the key, and he opens the door.

      Behind the wooden door is another door made of stone.

      The man is given the key to the stone door and he
      opens it, only to find a door made of ruby. And so
      it went that he needed keys to doors of emerald,
      pearl and diamond.

      Finally, they come to a door made of solid gold.
      The sound has become very clear and definite.
      The Monks say, "This is the last key to the last door."

      The man is apprehensive to no end. His life's wish
      is behind that door!

      With trembling hands, he unlocks the door, turns
      the knob, and slowly pushes the door open. Falling
      to his knees, he is utterly amazed to discover the
      source of that haunting and seductive sound......

      Scroll down................

      But I can't tell you what it is because you're not a Monk.