Re: Would like to meet folks who practise Meditation in Northern California

    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 4, 2008
      "Sanjiv Sahay" <sanjivs77@...> wrote:
      > I have been trying to practise Yogic meditation and pranayama for
      > quite a few years, but have made limited progress. I would like to
      > meet with some folks who have been more successful in meditation and
      > get their practical advice. (I have read many, many books on the
      > subject by all the swamis you can name, and feel that books can only
      > take you so far).
      > I live in Northern California (Cupertino) and would be willing to
      > travel to meet and get advice from some one more advanced in
      > meditation techniques. Please email me at sanjivs77@... if you
      > would be willing to share your experiences with me.
      > Thank you for your help.
      > I would also like to connect with other folks in the Bay Area,
      > California, who,like me, are seekers of knowledge in this field. It
      > might be useful to discuss our experiences.
      > Regards,
      > Sanjiv
      > sanjivs77@...
      Dear Sanjiv,
      I often recommend the teachers of Integral Yoga.
      Here's their teachers site which lists them by
      state. You'll find plenty in Northern California
      They all have been trained in meditation as part
      of their Yoga teacher certification in a program
      designed by Swami Satchidananda, who I consider a
      master of Yoga and Meditation. I've been dealing
      with this organization for years and have never been
      pressured into any cult-type or religious stuff and
      have always found them to be righteous in every way.
      I do have a few very qualified friends in Northern
      California and we'll see if they feel a connection to
      your inquiry and respond personally to either you, me,
      or this group. In any event, I'm confident that you
      will evolve exactly as you are supposed to at the exact
      time it is meant to happen, and for sure it will have a
      "looking within" situation as part of IT.