pulsating noice when I meditate?

  • roninewbaby
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 4, 2008
      I have two things of interest to throw out there.

      First, when I relax my eyes to an almost squint and daze out I can see
      what I can best describe as little swirls of light bouncing around. Am
      I seeing energy?

      When I get real quiet, usually during meditation, I hear a loud
      pulsating noice.What is this? Should I focus in on this noice or my
      breathing?
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 5, 2008
        "roninewbaby" <jayron22@...> wrote:

        > I have two things of interest to throw out there.
        >
        > First, when I relax my eyes to an almost squint and daze out I can see
        > what I can best describe as little swirls of light bouncing around. Am
        > I seeing energy?
        >
        > When I get real quiet, usually during meditation, I hear a loud
        > pulsating noice.What is this? Should I focus in on this noice or my
        > breathing?

        Yo roninebaby,
        What you are experiencing is common to those who
        meditate as they become free from the constraints
        of the 5 senses and start to experience the 3rd
        eye and inner ear senses and other "Higher Body"
        sensational sensations. I consider this a "not
        essential for spiritual understanding", but a very
        pleasant, interesting, informative and encouraging
        experience. This is the type thing that makes having
        others to share your experiences with a valuable
        resource. Until you personally find this person or
        group, please know that this is what this forum is
        aimed at providing. I also want to repeat this
        (sort of) "warning" that I think first appeared
        in our newsletter, The Inner Traveler. Enjoy!

        Pleasant Meditation Distraction Traps

        The more you meditate, the more meditation can
        become the most interesting thing you ever and
        never imagined. This is because your mind will
        present incredible things to distract you in its
        effort to remain your master, and you its slave.
        There is a scientific reality and perspective
        that states that we are not what our limited senses
        perceive. For instance, we aren't "really" solid.
        It just seems that way because that's the way our
        eyes work. We are atomic and pre-atomic energy in
        motion. If we had Electron Microscope and Hubbell
        Telescope quality vision, it would be apparent that
        we are infinite in nature and taking part in a
        never-ending interaction with everything everywhere.
        We are not lone drops apart from the ocean, but
        rather a part of the ocean. So, it seems we are hard
        wired, or were wired early in life, to buy into an
        illusionary perception of our environment. Our mind's
        impressions have completely dominated our view of
        who we are, and what reality is. And so, our initial
        attempts at meditation can by quite disappointing,
        and it may seem that all we can do is react in
        habitual fashion, and are unable to achieve a consistent
        focus on what we intend to pay attention to. Initially,
        your mind may be able to distract you by something
        as simple as an itch, a memory, a feeling of happiness,
        etc. But as you get steadier in your meditation,
        and don't react to your sense perceptions, memories,
        emotions, and so on, your mind will loose its grip,
        and reality will present itself. And you will feel,
        see, and know the awe of transcendent in-sight. Often,
        your mind will then try to distract you, and regain
        the mastery over you, by letting you see more and
        more spectacular visions and have more and more
        seemingly evolving understandings. That awareness
        within, that is ever-present, and silently perceives
        all the changes your mind, body, and emotions put
        you through is your inner Witness, and that is your
        Real Self. Your mind's game plan is to keep you in
        a state of "Gee Whiz!!!" and not recognize what is
        ever before you, and that is your oneness with your
        Witness and its oneness with all and everything.
        That Realization comes from Grace and Grace alone.
        It is not a byproduct of meditation, but there may
        be no better way to remove the obstacles that delay
        this awakening than meditation. So, enjoy the inner
        and outer light shows, the unblocked by the limits
        of our ears awesome sounds of the universe, and other
        higher experiences, but don't get caught in the
        "seeking after more and more spectacular versions
        of them" trap. The first two steps in meditation
        are dispassion and discrimination. Seek what is
        eternal, not transitory; the essence, not the
        superficial. This is discrimination. And don't get
        wound up with too much jubilation when you have
        beautiful visions, or disappointment when you don't.
        This is dispassion. Sit in meditation without
        expectation. Simply Witness. When not sitting in
        meditation, witness your life as an ongoing meditation.
        Persevere. The universe and its source and support
        will presently present you with the ultimate present.
        And You will be present. And you will live happily
        ever after.