Would like to meet folks who practise Meditation in Northern California

  • Sanjiv Sahay
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 3, 2008
      I have been trying to practise Yogic meditation and pranayama for
      quite a few years, but have made limited progress. I would like to
      meet with some folks who have been more successful in meditation and
      get their practical advice. (I have read many, many books on the
      subject by all the swamis you can name, and feel that books can only
      take you so far).

      I live in Northern California (Cupertino) and would be willing to
      travel to meet and get advice from some one more advanced in
      meditation techniques. Please email me at sanjivs77@... if you
      would be willing to share your experiences with me.
      Thank you for your help.

      I would also like to connect with other folks in the Bay Area,
      California, who,like me, are seekers of knowledge in this field. It
      might be useful to discuss our experiences.
      Regards,

      Sanjiv
      sanjivs77@...
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 4, 2008
        "Sanjiv Sahay" <sanjivs77@...> wrote:

        > I have been trying to practise Yogic meditation and pranayama for
        > quite a few years, but have made limited progress. I would like to
        > meet with some folks who have been more successful in meditation and
        > get their practical advice. (I have read many, many books on the
        > subject by all the swamis you can name, and feel that books can only
        > take you so far).
        >
        > I live in Northern California (Cupertino) and would be willing to
        > travel to meet and get advice from some one more advanced in
        > meditation techniques. Please email me at sanjivs77@... if you
        > would be willing to share your experiences with me.
        > Thank you for your help.
        >
        > I would also like to connect with other folks in the Bay Area,
        > California, who,like me, are seekers of knowledge in this field. It
        > might be useful to discuss our experiences.
        > Regards,
        >
        > Sanjiv
        > sanjivs77@...

        Dear Sanjiv,
        I often recommend the teachers of Integral Yoga.
        Here's their teachers site which lists them by
        state. You'll find plenty in Northern California
        http://www.iyta.org/TeachersDirectory/TeachersDirectory.php
        They all have been trained in meditation as part
        of their Yoga teacher certification in a program
        designed by Swami Satchidananda, who I consider a
        master of Yoga and Meditation. I've been dealing
        with this organization for years and have never been
        pressured into any cult-type or religious stuff and
        have always found them to be righteous in every way.
        I do have a few very qualified friends in Northern
        California and we'll see if they feel a connection to
        your inquiry and respond personally to either you, me,
        or this group. In any event, I'm confident that you
        will evolve exactly as you are supposed to at the exact
        time it is meant to happen, and for sure it will have a
        "looking within" situation as part of IT.