Weekly Words of Wisdom by Swami Satchidananda

    Message 1 of 32 , Jun 21, 2008
      Maintain Your Happiness

      "How can you maintain your happiness always?
      Ask yourself why you are unhappy. Every time
      you are unhappy over something, the first thing
      to do is to analyze the cause. You will always
      find there is attachment in some area. If you
      don't want to be unhappy, you will come to the
      conclusion, `Oh, I should not be attached to that.
      When I am attached, I feel unhappy.' You may ask,
      `But what about people?' You can be friendly, you
      can love them, but you should not be attached to
      them. There is a difference between attachment
      and love. Love means that I must think of your
      benefit first. Attachment means I think of my
      benefit first.

      "God bless you. Om Shanthi, Shanthi, Shanthi."

      For everything Integral Yoga and Swai Satchidananda, visit
      www.YogaAndPeace.org
      Message 32 of 32 , Jan 3, 2009
        What Makes You Beautiful?

        "The more you worry about your weight,
        the more sick you become. The worry itself
        causes increase in weight because many
        people eat a lot when they worry. The more
        you think of weight, the more weight you
        will have. As you think, so you become.
        Worry is the most dangerous disease. Keep
        the mind healthy always. If someone doesn't
        want to like you because of your weight, that
        person is interested only in your flesh, not
        in your qualities. What will make a person
        beautiful? The beauty of wisdom that dawns
        through tranquility of mind. We have enough
        troubles and worries. Yogis should not be
        bothered with weight issues. Let us think
        of more important things in life that could
        bring peace, joy and harmony.

        For more by and about Swamiji:
        http://yogaville.org/