Very Good Translations of the Gita and Patanjali

    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 14, 2008
      I think that these are the 2 best translations
      that Americans and other English speaking
      persons can most easily relate to. The
      commentary in both is very clear, high, and
      enlightening:

      The Living Gita; The Complete Bhagavad Gita
      Author: Sri Swami Satchidananda

      How to Know God: The Yoga Aphorisms of Patanjali
      Author: Swami Prabhavananda, Christopher Isherwood
    • Sanjiv Sahay
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 15, 2008
        The classic translation and interpretation of the Bhagvad Gita is by S. Radhakrishnan. He was an eminent professor of philosophy who became the President of India in the sixties. In India, it has been the most popular book on the Gita for the last fifty years. It is easily available at most book shops that sell books on Indian philosophy.

        I hope this helps.

        Sanjiv
      • westwindwood2003
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 15, 2008
          Just bought a copy used on Amazon for $12.95

          --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "Sanjiv Sahay"