Re: [Meditation Society of America] Re: Bhagavad Gita 12

  • suman sk
    Message 1 of 28 , Jun 8 8:50 AM

      Thanks for continued posting on the wisdom of Geeta.

      I read it everyday and find a wonderful insight into the true learning.

      It is a science in itself but only for the beleiver.

      Om and God bless all of us

      Surendra K

      Message 2 of 28 , Jun 9 8:48 PM
        54. Arjuna asks a question about the
        qualities (steady of disposition,
        consistent in vision) of a sage, (who
        has merged with the Creator, the
        nature of that which underlies all
        existence).

        The sage, merged into the Creator
        beyond the normal conscious state,
        we could say in deep meditation,
        experiences the qualities of the
        Creator.  The sage has, over may
        years of evolution, taken these
        experiences and incorporated in him,
        through proper action and behavior,
        the qualities of the Creator so that
        the sage became Self.

        This seems like A LOT OF HARD
        WORK! But in reality, it is just a
        giving up of all those qualities of
        personality that are not of the divine
        nature.  It seems an agony at the
        time, but is nothing looking back,
        and why was that I clung to so
        important anyway, but it was.

        55. Sri Bhagavan (Krishna) said:
        All desires of the mind (of ones very
        heart) are cast off, Oh Partha, by
        becoming the Self by working with
        the Self in steady wisdom.

        Contact with the Self in meditation
        brings a steady wisdom, Oh what to
        do about my present situation and
        how am I going to work this out,
        God's will be done, and so it goes
        with an answer coming to me so that
        I become more the Self by practicing
        proper behavior and letting the Self
        emerge in place of the misguided
        personality that I have begun with.

        56. The mind is unshaken in
        adversity, and in pleasure, there is no
        latching onto and wanting to retain.
        Free from attachment, fear and anger
        is the sage poised in wisdom.

        The wisdom found in meditation
        allows the sage these characteristics.
        This is just something that happens,
        a symptom, not something that the
        sage tries to grasp and become, it just
        happens because one meditates.

      • aideenmck
        Message 3 of 28 , Jun 11 8:41 PM
          Belated thanks for these posts helping us to understand the Bhagavad
          Gita, about which I was almost totally ignorant. Recently, I've been
          reading Ram Dass's "Paths to God: Living the Bhagavad Gita" - it,
          too, is a revelation. Also reading Rumi's poetry, the Coleman Barks
          translation. And meeting Theravadin monks, listening to their dharma
          talks. Sometimes I feel as if I'm perceiving everything for the
          first time. (Where have I been?)
          Aideen

          --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, WestWindWood
          <westwindwood2003@...> wrote: