Re: [Meditation Society of America] Chicago

  • suman sk
    Message 1 of 3 , May 23, 2008
      try searching meditation society fo america meetup grup on meetup.com

      Message 2 of 3 , May 28, 2008
        "Craig Scheunemann" <the345man@...> wrote:

        > Does anyone know of free meditation happening in Chicago?

        Yo Craig,
        I often recommend that people check out
        the Integral Yoga organization. I trust
        this group very much. They were founded
        by one of the world's greatest yoga and
        meditation masters, Swami Satchidananda,
        and my many interactions with them have
        never even hinted at any cult-like stuff
        ....just a sharing of pure wisdom that
        is applicable to everyones "real life"..
        The URL for their teachers is at:
        http://www.iyta.org/TeachersDirectory/TeachersDirectory.php

        To further quicken your meditation learning curve,
        I suggest that you check out our web site
        Meditation Station http://www.meditationsociety.com
        and go through the Beginners section, the Archives
        section, and the Concepts of Meditation section.
        You will find all you need to understand what is
        going on, and actual "how-to" instructions. Then,
        pick one or a few techniques to try, and do them.

        But, the best way to learn about meditation
        is not from the Internet, books, CD's, videos,
        or even from live-in-person classes. It is by
        meditating. So, as I mentioned before, I suggest
        going to our site and when one or a few of the
        dozens of techniques shared there draws your
        attention, actually try and do the meditation.

        In any event, I commend your desire to increase
        your meditation knowledge and experience. There
        is no better thing you can do for your Self than
        this. I wish you well.