Chicago

  • Craig Scheunemann
    Message 1 of 3 , May 22, 2008
      Does anyone know of free meditation happening in Chicago?
    • suman sk
      Message 2 of 3 , May 23, 2008
        try searching meditation society fo america meetup grup on meetup.com

        Message 3 of 3 , May 28, 2008
          "Craig Scheunemann" <the345man@...> wrote:

          > Does anyone know of free meditation happening in Chicago?

          Yo Craig,
          I often recommend that people check out
          the Integral Yoga organization. I trust
          this group very much. They were founded
          by one of the world's greatest yoga and
          meditation masters, Swami Satchidananda,
          and my many interactions with them have
          never even hinted at any cult-like stuff
          ....just a sharing of pure wisdom that
          is applicable to everyones "real life"..
          The URL for their teachers is at:
          http://www.iyta.org/TeachersDirectory/TeachersDirectory.php

          To further quicken your meditation learning curve,
          I suggest that you check out our web site
          Meditation Station http://www.meditationsociety.com
          and go through the Beginners section, the Archives
          section, and the Concepts of Meditation section.
          You will find all you need to understand what is
          going on, and actual "how-to" instructions. Then,
          pick one or a few techniques to try, and do them.

          But, the best way to learn about meditation
          is not from the Internet, books, CD's, videos,
          or even from live-in-person classes. It is by
          meditating. So, as I mentioned before, I suggest
          going to our site and when one or a few of the
          dozens of techniques shared there draws your
          attention, actually try and do the meditation.

          In any event, I commend your desire to increase
          your meditation knowledge and experience. There
          is no better thing you can do for your Self than
          this. I wish you well.