Meditation in the corporate boardroom.

  • Jeff Belyea
    Message 1 of 3 , May 5, 2008
      This just in - an excerpt from an email
      that I thought you (especially Bob) would
      find interesting...

      "...These participants are in high stress
      jobs with no meditation experience.

      We are having seminars all over the
      country, but have only just received
      approval to include Meditation training.

      Are you available for..."

      Jeff
      Message 2 of 3 , May 5, 2008
        "Jeff Belyea" <jeff@...> wrote:

        > This just in - an excerpt from an email
        > that I thought you (especially Bob) would
        > find interesting...
        >
        > "...These participants are in high stress
        > jobs with no meditation experience.
        >
        > We are having seminars all over the
        > country, but have only just received
        > approval to include Meditation training.
        >
        > Are you available for..."
        >
        > Jeff

        Yo Papajeff,
        I'm not surprised that you're once again being
        asked to help others deal with stress and learn
        about how meditation can help. Actually, don't
        you start another series of seminars this week?
        What I am still surprised by is how so many haven't
        opened the doors to the reality that meditation
        could help in the workplace. I recently had the 2
        extremes of this present themselves. One was a
        hospice where the director asked for help for
        her staff, and realizing meditations potential
        to help deal with stress, wanted them all to learn
        meditation. The other was in a workplace which was
        experiencing staff turn-over very frequently due
        to having to deal with anti-social (that's a kind
        description) young people. They decided that there
        was no value in meditation and what they needed was
        a system of greater punishment for misbehavior. And
        they felt this would help the staff cope better, so
        that's what they implemented. It's been about 6 months
        now, and guess which set of staff members has benefited
        and which has worsened?
        In any event, I'm glad to see that you have again
        been positioned to help lessen others stress. I've
        always felt that the most valuable thing one can do
        is to share the things that they have found have
        helped them evolve in consciousness.
      • Jeff Belyea
        Message 3 of 3 , May 5, 2008
          <no_reply@...> wrote:

          > "Jeff Belyea" <jeff@> wrote:
          > >
          > > This just in - an excerpt from an email
          > > that I thought you (especially Bob) would
          > > find interesting...
          > >
          > > "...These participants are in high stress
          > > jobs with no meditation experience.
          > >
          > > We are having seminars all over the
          > > country, but have only just received
          > > approval to include Meditation training.
          > >
          > > Are you available for..."
          > >
          > > Jeff
          > >
          > Yo Papajeff,
          > I'm not surprised that you're once again being
          > asked to help others deal with stress and learn
          > about how meditation can help. Actually, don't
          > you start another series of seminars this week?
          > What I am still surprised by is how so many haven't
          > opened the doors to the reality that meditation
          > could help in the workplace. I recently had the 2
          > extremes of this present themselves. One was a
          > hospice where the director asked for help for
          > her staff, and realizing meditations potential
          > to help deal with stress, wanted them all to learn
          > meditation. The other was in a workplace which was
          > experiencing staff turn-over very frequently due
          > to having to deal with anti-social (that's a kind
          > description) young people. They decided that there
          > was no value in meditation and what they needed was
          > a system of greater punishment for misbehavior. And
          > they felt this would help the staff cope better, so
          > that's what they implemented. It's been about 6 months
          > now, and guess which set of staff members has benefited
          > and which has worsened?
          > In any event, I'm glad to see that you have again
          > been positioned to help lessen others stress. I've
          > always felt that the most valuable thing one can do
          > is to share the things that they have found have
          > helped them evolve in consciousness.
          > Peace and blessings,
          > Bob

          Thanks, Bob. You are always