Ego vs

  • jvbh_jaws
    Message 1 of 197 , Feb 17, 2002
      How does someone, (let's say for instance, ummmm,
      ME!) go through daily life without allowing people to
      walk all over them, and at the same time not allow
      billing clerk and myself at the Dr.'s office is going
      over my bill, when I learn that there is an incorrect
      charge. I try to explain my position on the bill,
      however, the billing clerk will hear nothing of it.
      Infact, she decides to add on an extra $25.00 billing
      fee, because "she can".<br> <br> This is a situation
      that happened in the recent past that I am still
      trying to learn from. I want to figure out what I should
      have done during that initial conversation that would
      have made her less confrontational, and what I should
      have done/said next that would have prevented me from
      "shooting myself in the foot'. Let's just say that I didn't
      handle the situation very well, and to make a long story
      short... I have 30 days to find a new Doc. <br><br> While
      now I find it a bit humorous, I still am hurt and
      annoyed and.... okay I admit it... irritated that I
      lost....<br><br> So, what should a person do? You don't want to be
      a rug to let people walk on, but at the same time,
      a person needs to be assertive. How do you 'walk
      the line' when you have a person like the above
      mentioned billing clerk?<br> <br> (Can you tell I'm still
      having issues "letting go"?) Boy, talk about egos! :)
    • eveneon
      Message 197 of 197 , Jun 9, 2002
        wrote:
        me.... I am so glad for