Re: Jeff

    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 1, 2003
      Mirela wrote:
      How do you realise that THIS is the teacher you've been waiting for?

      > i know that a true teacher does not give paths, techniques or
      methods on how to live or how to find Truth. That the teacher and the
      disciple must have a very close relationship, they almost have to be
      as one.

      > mirela
      Hi - Bob here - Actually, I think that a "true teacher" does "give
      paths, techniques or methods on how to live or how to find Truth."
      Ramana directed us to ask "Who Am I", Ganga shares breath and
      awareness techniques. Papajeff also. Even Judi ridiculing "seeking" is
      pointing to how to find Truth. Swami Sivananda only met his Guru
      physically for a few minutes, but stated many times that he kept him
      closer than his heart. Through Grace alone, the veil of illusion is
      ripped asunder, and the infinite, eternal divine reality presents
      itself. The classic spiritual understanding is that when you need a
      teacher, the universe will present one to you. Until then, perhaps the
      best we can do is to follow the suggestion that Swami Sivananda
      gives..."Be good, do good".