Re:Often Overlooked Meditative Times

    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 19, 2008
      Benjamin Buehne <benbuehne@...> wrote:

      > I actually find a great time to meditate is...
      > a. Just before leaving the car to go to work
      > b. Lunchtime
      >
      > I have posted on here before that I struggled to find a balance
      between work and meditation. It takes some degree of self motivation
      to wake earlier and give yourself some extra time or pre-prepare a
      lunch so you have time.

      > I don't like the idea of doing it at the end or beginning of the day
      because it allows for stressors to start rolling through your mind
      over and over, and also stress hormones to build up. Think of it like
      eating... you want to take preventative measures so you don't get
      hungry rather than waiting and needing to eat immediately.

      Yo Ben,
      I see it almost exactly the reverse of what you
      have described. Starting the day by "programing"
      your mind, emotions, and body to be as stress-less
      as possible doesn't give your inner chatterer a
      chance to allow "...stressers to start rolling
      through your mind over and over, and also stress
      hormones to build up". And to compare it to
      eating I would say that it is like washing and
      appropriately preparing the foods so that the
      meal can be easily digested and as nourishing
      and delicious as possible.