Often Overlooked Meditative Times

    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 18, 2008
      The period of time just after you wake
      up in the morning and just before you go
      to sleep at night are excellent times to
      program your mind to be clear, sharp, and
      not chatter at all in negativity. Similarly,
      program your emotions to be calm and your
      mood to be serene, and your body to maintain
      an ease and comfort quality. This programming
      is done by gathering your --- shall we call itÂ…
      "energy of intention", and commanding your mind,
      emotions, and body. This is real Self-control,
      and is a demonstration of being the master of
      your mind and not its slave. Action instead of
      reaction which allows flowing with and Witnessing
      of the events of your life as they take place in
      Real time (Now). This replaces the usual diversions
      that consist of rehashing the past or fantasizing
      about the future and similar mindless mental babble,
      mood swings, and distractive bodily sensations.
      Starting and ending your day this way will give you
      a better ("better" being more peace-full) day, better
      sleep, and generally you will live more happily
      ever after.
    • Benjamin Buehne
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 19, 2008
        I actually find a great time to meditate is...
        a.  Just before leaving the car to go to work
        b.  Lunchtime

        I have posted on here before that I struggled to find a balance between work and meditation.  It takes some degree of self motivation to wake earlier and give yourself some extra time or pre-prepare a lunch so you have time.

        I don't like the idea of doing it at the end or beginning of the day because it allows for stressors to start rolling through your mind over and over, and also stress hormones to build up.  Think of it like eating... you want to take preventative measures so you don't get hungry rather than waiting and needing to eat immediately.

        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 19, 2008
          Benjamin Buehne <benbuehne@...> wrote:

          > I actually find a great time to meditate is...
          > a. Just before leaving the car to go to work
          > b. Lunchtime
          >
          > I have posted on here before that I struggled to find a balance
          between work and meditation. It takes some degree of self motivation
          to wake earlier and give yourself some extra time or pre-prepare a
          lunch so you have time.

          > I don't like the idea of doing it at the end or beginning of the day
          because it allows for stressors to start rolling through your mind
          over and over, and also stress hormones to build up. Think of it like
          eating... you want to take preventative measures so you don't get
          hungry rather than waiting and needing to eat immediately.

          Yo Ben,
          I see it almost exactly the reverse of what you
          have described. Starting the day by "programing"
          your mind, emotions, and body to be as stress-less
          as possible doesn't give your inner chatterer a
          chance to allow "...stressers to start rolling
          through your mind over and over, and also stress
          hormones to build up". And to compare it to
          eating I would say that it is like washing and
          appropriately preparing the foods so that the
          meal can be easily digested and as nourishing
          and delicious as possible.