Who You Are

    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 12, 2008
      Who You Are

      Before your mother knew you were in her womb,
      before any doctor, politician, family member,
      religious leader, or anyone else on earth even
      knew you existed, the Highest Power so loved
      you that he gave you life and protected and
      nourished you. Before you had drawn your first
      breath, the Highest Power had already demonstrated
      love and concern for you and provided all you
      needed for your wellbeing, and this continues
      to this very moment.

      Your inner Witness, your Real Self, has gone
      from the womb of flesh to the womb of the Cosmos.
      The Highest has made every atom, that makes up
      every molecule, that makes up every cell, that
      makes up every organ in your body, perfectly
      compatible with everything the Universe provides.
      The air, earth, fire, and water have been created
      in the precise proportions necessary to provide
      the environment needed for you to survive and
      thrive. The odds against this happening by chance
      are trillions to one and can be appreciated as
      absolute proof of the Highest's loving intervention
      and intention.

      Mother Earth is in an exquisite rhythm with its
      sister planets as gravity and motion balance their
      dance around Father Sun, as it travels in concert
      with the billions of other stars and heavenly bodies
      that make up our galaxy. Ultimately, the hundreds
      of billions of galaxies, in harmony, provide the
      exact perfect conditions that allow consciousness
      to exist and evolve. You are, always were, and will
      always be, the love child of the Highest Power. Every
      atom in the universe is presenting itself to
      enlighten you. The celestial stage has been set.
      It is for you to decide to be conscious of the cosmos
      and embrace your infinite, eternal identity. Royal
      Divine Child of the Universe, awaken and live happily
      ever after.

      Who You Are Meditation Technique
      Position yourself in the posture you have found to
      be the one that affords the greatest comfort to you,
      while letting you maintain an alert awareness without
      falling asleep. Direct your inner chatterer to be
      still and your emotions to remain in a serene state.
      With eyes open, let your gaze fall to any given spot
      on the surface of the floor or ground. If you are
      sitting on sand, pick out one grain to focus on. If
      you are on a carpet, lock your attention on one fiber.
      And so on. Witness your mind making comments,
      comparisons, and judgements, but remain unreactive.
      Simply let the gazing continue no matter how strongly
      your chatterer tries to discourage you. It will
      eventually cease and desist. As your concentration
      becomes more intense, with less and less effort, you
      will start to see movement. For instance, the grains
      of sand may start to appear to be giving off light that
      is flowing in a paisley pattern motion. This is the
      atomic and pre-atomic nature of reality presenting
      itself to you. Soon thereafter the air, earth, water,
      and fire within and without you will reveal their atomic
      unification and join in this dance of light.

      This will continue until your mind chatter stops it.
      By stilling the mind, the intensity will grow until
      the point is reached where it is not unusual for the
      experience to be so astonishing and overwhelming that
      inner comments like "Oh my God!" and "Thank you God"
      occur. Simultaneously, language becomes insufficient
      and only feelings of love and adoration suffice. Keep
      at one with the eternal silence of the inner Witness
      and you will know your limitless and total connection
      with the universe and its creator. The misidentification
      of your self as apart from the rest of the universe as
      a body, mind, or feeling will evaporate like a fog
      lifting, and there revealed in all glory will be the
      divine Garden of Eden that has always been present.
      And you will live happily ever after.

      After Thought
      Half a century ago, on one of TV's first variety shows,
      the Ed Sullivan Show, a ventriloquist named Senor Wences
      used to have a running gag with his puppet (which was
      simply his hand with some lipstick on it, to make it
      look like a face). He would say, "That's easy to do!"
      about various things, and his hand puppet would answer
      "Easy for you, difficult for me!" in a Spanish dialect.
      This always made the audience convulse with laughter.
      But in real life, when things are easy for someone else,
      but difficult for you, you rarely find it humorous. As
      a matter of fact, adjectives like frustrating, annoying,
      ego deflating, and so on, are often much more accurate
      descriptions of how you feel. The Who You Are Meditation
      Technique has the potential to be in this category.
      It is easy to tell someone "Sit comfortably, concentrate,
      and let the Highest Power fill you with all the wonders
      and wisdom of the universe". But can you actually sit
      comfortably enough, for long enough for your attention
      to remain focused enough? If so, this and every other
      technique will "work". If not, like most things, the
      more you practice, the better you will get. Persevere,
      because unlike most things, the end result of this
      and every meditative effort has the potential to lead
      to the end of all effort. And effortlessly, you will
      live happily ever after.

      This article and technique first appeared in our
      newsletter, The Inner Traveler. The Inner Traveler CD,
      which has copies of all the issues, and a subscription
      to The Inner Traveler is part of membership in
      The Meditation Society of America. For more information:
      http://www.meditationsociety.com/society.html

          Message 4 of 8 , Aug 31 10:46 AM
            Great stuff. Thank you, Bob. Jeff

            Message 5 of 8 , Aug 31 11:46 AM
              Thanks Papajeff, much appreciated!
              BTW, what's happening with your October
              Enlightened Healer Symposium? Last I heard
              you had commitments from more than a dozen
              different world-class healers to share their
              wisdom. Are the dates and location set?
              Peace and blessing,
              Bob

              Message 6 of 8 , Aug 31 1:29 PM

                > Thanks Papajeff, much appreciated!
                > BTW, what's happening with your October
                > Enlightened Healer Symposium? Last I heard
                > you had commitments from more than a dozen
                > different world-class healers to share their
                > wisdom. Are the dates and location set?
                > Peace and blessing,
                > Bob

                Yes, 15 presenters at The Enlightened Healer Symposium
                coming to St. Petersburg, Florida on Oct 16 and 17.

                More information and complete roster with synopsis
                of the various presentations at

                http://www.enlightenedhealers.com