Re: [Meditation Society of America] Assessing meditation effect

  • jogeshwarmahanta
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 8, 2008
      Our equipment are from
      Medicade systems,
      389,Induatrial area,
      Chandigarh-160002(India).

      GSR monitor with or without connecting to source-Cost about
      Rs.10000/-
      GSR biofeedback- About Rs.20000/-
      regards

      --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, Balasubramanian
      Radhakrishnan Kumar <kumarbr20@...> wrote:

      > Is this instrument available in the market ? Kindly provide me the
      details like the cost etc.,
      > ________________________________
      > > To: meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com
      > > From: jogeshwarmahanta@...
      > > Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2008 10:22:01 +0000
      > > Subject: Re: [Meditation Society of America] Assessing
      meditation effect

      > > GSR =Galvanic Skin Response. It is a measure of resistance to
      > > electric conductance into the body in terms of kilo ohms. It is a
      > > measure of about 100 years old. As mind becomes torbulent the
      > > rsistance declines.
      > >
      > > The machine has two electrodes. These electrodes are attached to
      > > alternative fingers of either hand.Then it is made on. It will
      > > display the moment to moment resistance level in terms of kilo
      ohms.

      > > If you attach the electrodes in right hand fingers, it will show
      > > the state of left hemisphere of the brain which is primarily
      > > responsible for logical thinking, analytical ability etc.
      > >
      > > If you attach the electrodes in left hand fingers, it will show
      > > the state of right hemisphere of the brain which is primarily
      > > responsible for imagination, emotion etc.
      > > regards

      Balasubramanian
      > > Radhakrishnan Kumar wrote:
      > >>

      > >> What is GSR ?
      > >> ________________________________
      > > effect

      > >> __________________________________________________________
      > >> Fashion Channel : Want to know what's the latest in the fashion
      > > world ? You have it all here on MSN Fashion.
      > >> http://lifestyle.in.msn.com/

      > Video: Get a glimpse of the latest in Cricket, Bollywood, News and
      Fashion. Only on MSN videos.
      > http://video.msn.com/?mkt=en-in

    • jogeshwarmahanta
      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 9, 2008
        Grand silence. Does it mean that there is gulf of difference in what
        is said and what is gained?
        regards

        --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "jogeshwarmahanta"

        Message 3 of 8 , Apr 10, 2008
          Dear Jogeshwarmahanta and all,
          I don't know what you are looking for, as there
          have been hundreds of scientific studies that
          prove the value of meditation for cardiac, stress,
          overall iood health, and many other physical, mental
          and emotional areas. Are you just concerned with
          machinery that may point to something? To me the
          effect of meditation (and in a way all things) is
          if it brings you peace, it is "good" and if it takes
          your peace away, it is a "bad" effect.
          "jogeshwarmahanta" <jogeshwarmahanta@...> wrote:

          > Grand silence. Does it mean that there is gulf of difference in what
          > is said and what is gained?
          > regards
          >
          > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "jogeshwarmahanta"
          > <jogeshwarmahanta@> wrote:
          > >
          > > Meditation effect is normally subjective.
          > >
          > > Is there any objective measure to assess meditation effect?
          > > Any information?
          > >
          > > Has any body used GSR?
          > > regards

        • jogeshwarmahanta