Re: [Meditation Society of America] Assessing meditation effect

  • jogeshwarmahanta
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 8, 2008
      GSR =Galvanic Skin Response. It is a measure of resistance to
      electric conductance into the body in terms of kilo ohms. It is a
      measure of about 100 years old. As mind becomes torbulent the
      rsistance declines.

      The machine has two electrodes. These electrodes are attached to
      alternative fingers of either hand.Then it is made on. It will
      display the moment to moment resistance level in terms of kilo ohms.

      If you attach the electrodes in right hand fingers, it will show
      the state of left hemisphere of the brain which is primarily
      responsible for logical thinking, analytical ability etc.

      If you attach the electrodes in left hand fingers, it will show
      the state of right hemisphere of the brain which is primarily
      responsible for imagination, emotion etc.
      regards

      --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, Balasubramanian
      Radhakrishnan Kumar <kumarbr20@...> wrote:

      > What is GSR ?
      > ________________________________
      > > To: meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com
      > > From: jogeshwarmahanta@...
      > > Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2008 07:38:58 +0000
      > > Subject: [Meditation Society of America] Assessing meditation
      effect

      > > Meditation effect is normally subjective.
      > >
      > > Is there any objective measure to assess meditation effect?
      > > Any information?
      > >
      > > Has any body used GSR?
      > > regards

      > Fashion Channel : Want to know what's the latest in the fashion
      world ? You have it all here on MSN Fashion.

      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 8, 2008
        Is this instrument available in the market ? Kindly provide me the details like the cost etc.,
        ________________________________
        > To: meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com
        > From: jogeshwarmahanta@...
        > Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2008 10:22:01 +0000
        > Subject: Re: [Meditation Society of America] Assessing meditation effect
        >

        > GSR =Galvanic Skin Response. It is a measure of resistance to
        > electric conductance into the body in terms of kilo ohms. It is a
        > measure of about 100 years old. As mind becomes torbulent the
        > rsistance declines.
        >
        > The machine has two electrodes. These electrodes are attached to
        > alternative fingers of either hand.Then it is made on. It will
        > display the moment to moment resistance level in terms of kilo ohms.
        >
        > If you attach the electrodes in right hand fingers, it will show
        > the state of left hemisphere of the brain which is primarily
        > responsible for logical thinking, analytical ability etc.
        >
        > If you attach the electrodes in left hand fingers, it will show
        > the state of right hemisphere of the brain which is primarily
        > responsible for imagination, emotion etc.
        > regards
        >
        > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, Balasubramanian
        > Radhakrishnan Kumar wrote:
        >>

        >> What is GSR ?
        >> ________________________________
        >>> To: meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com
        >>> From: jogeshwarmahanta@...
        >>> Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2008 07:38:58 +0000
        >>> Subject: [Meditation Society of America] Assessing meditation
        > effect
        >>>

        >>> Meditation effect is normally subjective.
        >>>
        >>> Is there any objective measure to assess meditation effect?
        >>> Any information?
        >>>
        >>> Has any body used GSR?
        >>> regards

        >> Fashion Channel : Want to know what's the latest in the fashion
        > world ? You have it all here on MSN Fashion.
        >> http://lifestyle.in.msn.com/

        Video: Get a glimpse of the latest in Cricket, Bollywood, News and Fashion. Only on MSN videos.
        http://video.msn.com/?mkt=en-in
      • jogeshwarmahanta
        Message 3 of 8 , Apr 8, 2008
          Our equipment are from
          Medicade systems,
          389,Induatrial area,
          Chandigarh-160002(India).

          GSR monitor with or without connecting to source-Cost about
          Rs.10000/-
          GSR biofeedback- About Rs.20000/-
          regards

          --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, Balasubramanian
          Radhakrishnan Kumar <kumarbr20@...> wrote:

          > Is this instrument available in the market ? Kindly provide me the
          details like the cost etc.,
          > ________________________________
          > > To: meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com
          > > From: jogeshwarmahanta@...
          > > Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2008 10:22:01 +0000
          > > Subject: Re: [Meditation Society of America] Assessing
          meditation effect

          > > GSR =Galvanic Skin Response. It is a measure of resistance to
          > > electric conductance into the body in terms of kilo ohms. It is a
          > > measure of about 100 years old. As mind becomes torbulent the
          > > rsistance declines.
          > >
          > > The machine has two electrodes. These electrodes are attached to
          > > alternative fingers of either hand.Then it is made on. It will
          > > display the moment to moment resistance level in terms of kilo
          ohms.

          > > If you attach the electrodes in right hand fingers, it will show
          > > the state of left hemisphere of the brain which is primarily
          > > responsible for logical thinking, analytical ability etc.
          > >
          > > If you attach the electrodes in left hand fingers, it will show
          > > the state of right hemisphere of the brain which is primarily
          > > responsible for imagination, emotion etc.
          > > regards

          Balasubramanian
          > > Radhakrishnan Kumar wrote:
          > >>

          > >> What is GSR ?
          > >> ________________________________
          > > effect

          > >> __________________________________________________________
          > >> Fashion Channel : Want to know what's the latest in the fashion
          > > world ? You have it all here on MSN Fashion.
          > >> http://lifestyle.in.msn.com/

          > Video: Get a glimpse of the latest in Cricket, Bollywood, News and
          Fashion. Only on MSN videos.
          > http://video.msn.com/?mkt=en-in

        • jogeshwarmahanta
          Message 4 of 8 , Apr 9, 2008
            Grand silence. Does it mean that there is gulf of difference in what
            is said and what is gained?
            regards

            --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "jogeshwarmahanta"

            Message 5 of 8 , Apr 10, 2008
              Dear Jogeshwarmahanta and all,
              I don't know what you are looking for, as there
              have been hundreds of scientific studies that
              prove the value of meditation for cardiac, stress,
              overall iood health, and many other physical, mental
              and emotional areas. Are you just concerned with
              machinery that may point to something? To me the
              effect of meditation (and in a way all things) is
              if it brings you peace, it is "good" and if it takes
              your peace away, it is a "bad" effect.
              "jogeshwarmahanta" <jogeshwarmahanta@...> wrote:

              > Grand silence. Does it mean that there is gulf of difference in what
              > is said and what is gained?
              > regards
              >
              > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "jogeshwarmahanta"
              > <jogeshwarmahanta@> wrote:
              > >
              > > Meditation effect is normally subjective.
              > >
              > > Is there any objective measure to assess meditation effect?
              > > Any information?
              > >
              > > Has any body used GSR?
              > > regards

            • jogeshwarmahanta