RE: [Meditation Society of America] Assessing meditation effect

  • Balasubramanian Radhakrishnan Kumar
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 8 3:04 AM
      What is GSR ?
      ________________________________
      > To: meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com
      > From: jogeshwarmahanta@...
      > Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2008 07:38:58 +0000
      > Subject: [Meditation Society of America] Assessing meditation effect
      >

      > Meditation effect is normally subjective.
      >
      > Is there any objective measure to assess meditation effect?
      > Any information?
      >
      > Has any body used GSR?
      > regards

      Fashion Channel : Want to know what’s the latest in the fashion world ? You have it all here on MSN Fashion.
      http://lifestyle.in.msn.com/
    • jogeshwarmahanta
      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 8 3:22 AM
        GSR =Galvanic Skin Response. It is a measure of resistance to
        electric conductance into the body in terms of kilo ohms. It is a
        measure of about 100 years old. As mind becomes torbulent the
        rsistance declines.

        The machine has two electrodes. These electrodes are attached to
        alternative fingers of either hand.Then it is made on. It will
        display the moment to moment resistance level in terms of kilo ohms.

        If you attach the electrodes in right hand fingers, it will show
        the state of left hemisphere of the brain which is primarily
        responsible for logical thinking, analytical ability etc.

        If you attach the electrodes in left hand fingers, it will show
        the state of right hemisphere of the brain which is primarily
        responsible for imagination, emotion etc.
        regards

        --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, Balasubramanian

        Message 3 of 8 , Apr 8 3:26 AM
          Is this instrument available in the market ? Kindly provide me the details like the cost etc.,
          ________________________________
          > To: meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com
          > From: jogeshwarmahanta@...
          > Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2008 10:22:01 +0000
          > Subject: Re: [Meditation Society of America] Assessing meditation effect
          >

          > GSR =Galvanic Skin Response. It is a measure of resistance to
          > electric conductance into the body in terms of kilo ohms. It is a
          > measure of about 100 years old. As mind becomes torbulent the
          > rsistance declines.
          >
          > The machine has two electrodes. These electrodes are attached to
          > alternative fingers of either hand.Then it is made on. It will
          > display the moment to moment resistance level in terms of kilo ohms.
          >
          > If you attach the electrodes in right hand fingers, it will show
          > the state of left hemisphere of the brain which is primarily
          > responsible for logical thinking, analytical ability etc.
          >
          > If you attach the electrodes in left hand fingers, it will show
          > the state of right hemisphere of the brain which is primarily
          > responsible for imagination, emotion etc.
          > regards
          >
          > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, Balasubramanian
          > Radhakrishnan Kumar wrote:
          >>

          >> What is GSR ?
          >> ________________________________
          >>> To: meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com
          >>> From: jogeshwarmahanta@...
          >>> Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2008 07:38:58 +0000
          >>> Subject: [Meditation Society of America] Assessing meditation
          > effect
          >>>

          >>> Meditation effect is normally subjective.
          >>>
          >>> Is there any objective measure to assess meditation effect?
          >>> Any information?
          >>>
          >>> Has any body used GSR?
          >>> regards

          >> Fashion Channel : Want to know what's the latest in the fashion
          > world ? You have it all here on MSN Fashion.
          >> http://lifestyle.in.msn.com/

          Video: Get a glimpse of the latest in Cricket, Bollywood, News and Fashion. Only on MSN videos.
          http://video.msn.com/?mkt=en-in
        • jogeshwarmahanta
          Message 4 of 8 , Apr 8 3:48 AM
            Our equipment are from
            Medicade systems,
            389,Induatrial area,
            Chandigarh-160002(India).

            GSR monitor with or without connecting to source-Cost about
            Rs.10000/-
            GSR biofeedback- About Rs.20000/-
            regards

            --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, Balasubramanian
            Radhakrishnan Kumar <kumarbr20@...> wrote:

            > Is this instrument available in the market ? Kindly provide me the
            details like the cost etc.,
            > ________________________________
            > > To: meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com
            > > From: jogeshwarmahanta@...
            > > Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2008 10:22:01 +0000
            > > Subject: Re: [Meditation Society of America] Assessing
            meditation effect

            > > GSR =Galvanic Skin Response. It is a measure of resistance to
            > > electric conductance into the body in terms of kilo ohms. It is a
            > > measure of about 100 years old. As mind becomes torbulent the
            > > rsistance declines.
            > >
            > > The machine has two electrodes. These electrodes are attached to
            > > alternative fingers of either hand.Then it is made on. It will
            > > display the moment to moment resistance level in terms of kilo
            ohms.

            > > If you attach the electrodes in right hand fingers, it will show
            > > the state of left hemisphere of the brain which is primarily
            > > responsible for logical thinking, analytical ability etc.
            > >
            > > If you attach the electrodes in left hand fingers, it will show
            > > the state of right hemisphere of the brain which is primarily
            > > responsible for imagination, emotion etc.
            > > regards

            Balasubramanian
            > > Radhakrishnan Kumar wrote:
            > >>

            > >> What is GSR ?
            > >> ________________________________
            > > effect

            > >> __________________________________________________________
            > >> Fashion Channel : Want to know what's the latest in the fashion
            > > world ? You have it all here on MSN Fashion.
            > >> http://lifestyle.in.msn.com/

            > Video: Get a glimpse of the latest in Cricket, Bollywood, News and
            Fashion. Only on MSN videos.
            > http://video.msn.com/?mkt=en-in

          • jogeshwarmahanta
            Message 5 of 8 , Apr 9 11:25 PM
              Grand silence. Does it mean that there is gulf of difference in what
              is said and what is gained?
              regards

              --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "jogeshwarmahanta"

              Message 6 of 8 , Apr 10 6:44 AM
                Dear Jogeshwarmahanta and all,
                I don't know what you are looking for, as there
                have been hundreds of scientific studies that
                prove the value of meditation for cardiac, stress,
                overall iood health, and many other physical, mental
                and emotional areas. Are you just concerned with
                machinery that may point to something? To me the
                effect of meditation (and in a way all things) is
                if it brings you peace, it is "good" and if it takes
                your peace away, it is a "bad" effect.
                "jogeshwarmahanta" <jogeshwarmahanta@...> wrote:

                > Grand silence. Does it mean that there is gulf of difference in what
                > is said and what is gained?
                > regards
                >
                > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "jogeshwarmahanta"
                > <jogeshwarmahanta@> wrote:
                > >
                > > Meditation effect is normally subjective.
                > >
                > > Is there any objective measure to assess meditation effect?
                > > Any information?
                > >
                > > Has any body used GSR?
                > > regards

              • jogeshwarmahanta