Assessing meditation effect

  • jogeshwarmahanta
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 8, 2008
      Meditation effect is normally subjective.

      Is there any objective measure to assess meditation effect?
      Any information?

      Has any body used GSR?
      regards
    • Balasubramanian Radhakrishnan Kumar
      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 8, 2008
        What is GSR ?
        ________________________________
        > To: meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com
        > From: jogeshwarmahanta@...
        > Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2008 07:38:58 +0000
        > Subject: [Meditation Society of America] Assessing meditation effect
        >

        > Meditation effect is normally subjective.
        >
        > Is there any objective measure to assess meditation effect?
        > Any information?
        >
        > Has any body used GSR?
        > regards

        Fashion Channel : Want to know what’s the latest in the fashion world ? You have it all here on MSN Fashion.
        http://lifestyle.in.msn.com/
      • jogeshwarmahanta
        Message 3 of 8 , Apr 8, 2008
          GSR =Galvanic Skin Response. It is a measure of resistance to
          electric conductance into the body in terms of kilo ohms. It is a
          measure of about 100 years old. As mind becomes torbulent the
          rsistance declines.

          The machine has two electrodes. These electrodes are attached to
          alternative fingers of either hand.Then it is made on. It will
          display the moment to moment resistance level in terms of kilo ohms.

          If you attach the electrodes in right hand fingers, it will show
          the state of left hemisphere of the brain which is primarily
          responsible for logical thinking, analytical ability etc.

          If you attach the electrodes in left hand fingers, it will show
          the state of right hemisphere of the brain which is primarily
          responsible for imagination, emotion etc.
          regards

          --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, Balasubramanian

          Message 4 of 8 , Apr 8, 2008
            Is this instrument available in the market ? Kindly provide me the details like the cost etc.,
            ________________________________
            > To: meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com
            > From: jogeshwarmahanta@...
            > Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2008 10:22:01 +0000
            > Subject: Re: [Meditation Society of America] Assessing meditation effect
            >

            > GSR =Galvanic Skin Response. It is a measure of resistance to
            > electric conductance into the body in terms of kilo ohms. It is a
            > measure of about 100 years old. As mind becomes torbulent the
            > rsistance declines.
            >
            > The machine has two electrodes. These electrodes are attached to
            > alternative fingers of either hand.Then it is made on. It will
            > display the moment to moment resistance level in terms of kilo ohms.
            >
            > If you attach the electrodes in right hand fingers, it will show
            > the state of left hemisphere of the brain which is primarily
            > responsible for logical thinking, analytical ability etc.
            >
            > If you attach the electrodes in left hand fingers, it will show
            > the state of right hemisphere of the brain which is primarily
            > responsible for imagination, emotion etc.
            > regards
            >
            > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, Balasubramanian
            > Radhakrishnan Kumar wrote:
            >>

            >> What is GSR ?
            >> ________________________________
            >>> To: meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com
            >>> From: jogeshwarmahanta@...
            >>> Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2008 07:38:58 +0000
            >>> Subject: [Meditation Society of America] Assessing meditation
            > effect
            >>>

            >>> Meditation effect is normally subjective.
            >>>
            >>> Is there any objective measure to assess meditation effect?
            >>> Any information?
            >>>
            >>> Has any body used GSR?
            >>> regards

            >> Fashion Channel : Want to know what's the latest in the fashion
            > world ? You have it all here on MSN Fashion.
            >> http://lifestyle.in.msn.com/

            Video: Get a glimpse of the latest in Cricket, Bollywood, News and Fashion. Only on MSN videos.
            http://video.msn.com/?mkt=en-in
          • jogeshwarmahanta
            Message 5 of 8 , Apr 8, 2008
              Our equipment are from
              Medicade systems,
              389,Induatrial area,
              Chandigarh-160002(India).

              GSR monitor with or without connecting to source-Cost about
              Rs.10000/-
              GSR biofeedback- About Rs.20000/-
              regards

              --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, Balasubramanian
              Radhakrishnan Kumar <kumarbr20@...> wrote:

              > Is this instrument available in the market ? Kindly provide me the
              details like the cost etc.,
              > ________________________________
              > > To: meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com
              > > From: jogeshwarmahanta@...
              > > Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2008 10:22:01 +0000
              > > Subject: Re: [Meditation Society of America] Assessing
              meditation effect

              > > GSR =Galvanic Skin Response. It is a measure of resistance to
              > > electric conductance into the body in terms of kilo ohms. It is a
              > > measure of about 100 years old. As mind becomes torbulent the
              > > rsistance declines.
              > >
              > > The machine has two electrodes. These electrodes are attached to
              > > alternative fingers of either hand.Then it is made on. It will
              > > display the moment to moment resistance level in terms of kilo
              ohms.

              > > If you attach the electrodes in right hand fingers, it will show
              > > the state of left hemisphere of the brain which is primarily
              > > responsible for logical thinking, analytical ability etc.
              > >
              > > If you attach the electrodes in left hand fingers, it will show
              > > the state of right hemisphere of the brain which is primarily
              > > responsible for imagination, emotion etc.
              > > regards

              Balasubramanian
              > > Radhakrishnan Kumar wrote:
              > >>

              > >> What is GSR ?
              > >> ________________________________
              > > effect

              > >> __________________________________________________________
              > >> Fashion Channel : Want to know what's the latest in the fashion
              > > world ? You have it all here on MSN Fashion.
              > >> http://lifestyle.in.msn.com/

              > Video: Get a glimpse of the latest in Cricket, Bollywood, News and
              Fashion. Only on MSN videos.
              > http://video.msn.com/?mkt=en-in

            • jogeshwarmahanta
              Message 6 of 8 , Apr 9, 2008
                Grand silence. Does it mean that there is gulf of difference in what
                is said and what is gained?
                regards

                --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "jogeshwarmahanta"

                Message 7 of 8 , Apr 10, 2008
                  Dear Jogeshwarmahanta and all,
                  I don't know what you are looking for, as there
                  have been hundreds of scientific studies that
                  prove the value of meditation for cardiac, stress,
                  overall iood health, and many other physical, mental
                  and emotional areas. Are you just concerned with
                  machinery that may point to something? To me the
                  effect of meditation (and in a way all things) is
                  if it brings you peace, it is "good" and if it takes
                  your peace away, it is a "bad" effect.
                  "jogeshwarmahanta" <jogeshwarmahanta@...> wrote:

                  > Grand silence. Does it mean that there is gulf of difference in what
                  > is said and what is gained?
                  > regards
                  >
                  > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "jogeshwarmahanta"
                  > <jogeshwarmahanta@> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > Meditation effect is normally subjective.
                  > >
                  > > Is there any objective measure to assess meditation effect?
                  > > Any information?
                  > >
                  > > Has any body used GSR?
                  > > regards

                • jogeshwarmahanta