Zen and the Art of Knife Making

    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 5 7:57 PM
      I had to move my knife web site because Epson
      is ending their free photo posting site. They
      recommended Picasa which is run by Google. I took
      their suggestion and set up a new site there.
      The pics are displayed way better than the set
      up that Epson had. Due to this happening, and
      several requests to post more of the pics of the
      knives I've made, here is the URL where you can
      now see them:
      http:tinyurl.com/2ltfyr (the letter L
      is after the 2, not the #1). If you are interested
      in how some of them came about, you can use the
      Search function of this forum...Enter Zen and
      the Art of Knife Making. I still find this activity
      to be a very meditative one, and enjoy and learn
      whenever I witness mySelf involved in it. I'm now
      working on a few damascus blades using exotic woods
      and really appreciate the fractal-like beauty of
      the steel and the amazing patterns of the grains in
      the wood. I love the artwork of several artists we
      have known (IE: www.billyrose.net or www.rassouli.com
      ) but "God" still produces the most amazing artworks
      of all (you should see my grand daughters!!!)
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 31, 2009
        Ironwood Damascus Dagger Boot Knife/Letter Opener

        Pics (or at least the ones I take) can't
        show how beautiful Desert Ironwood looks in
        the sunlight and how intricate the patterns
        on the Damascus are. They were created by
        God and merely put together by my hands.
        And when I'm done, I am amazed how well
        the natural one-of-a-kind beauty of the
        materials cover up my less than great knife
        making skills. No wonder I'm so addicted to
        this Mindfulness-necessitating craft.

        To see what I'm talking/writing
        about, see the Photo section, Zen and the
        Art of Knife Making album, pics #47 and 48.