Judi

  • Athanor
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 1, 2003
      So, Judi, what is the truth? what is the reality? what is joy? and what is the interpretation? don't you think that understanding means truth?
      tell more about the 20's experience of openes..
      mirela
      ********* There is no separate reality Jeff, this is it, and any
      ideas of "joy" or whatever are merely your "personal" feelings and
      interpreations, your "experience". Whereas understanding itself is
      completely and utterly "impersonal". And that is why understanding
      is NOT and can never be an "experience". In order for there to be
      an "experience" *you* have to be there. Understanding undermines ALL
      experience. A lot of people have had experiential moments of
      openness, la-la-la, as you obviously have, but understanding
      undermines all of that - the *you* that's having your "precious"
      experience and puts it all to rest. In my own case, starting in my
      20's I had many experiences of openness and so-called "blow out"
      experiences, some with some degree of understanding with them. But
      all that comes to end, when that whole "adventure" is "uprooted" and
      *finally* seen for the nonsense that it is - an "experiential
      adventure", which is either suffered OR enjoyed. In other words, I
      now laugh in the face of bliss. I laugh at it all. There is now only
      freedom, and I am it. And so are you, but you persist in holding on
      to your "experience" as though there's something "wunnerful" about
      it. :-) Does "ego" have any relevance here?

      Judi