Jeff

  • Athanor
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 1, 2003
      Good to be back again!
      As a very good friend said, A genuine guide is Your True Self. i agree with that, but there is one more question here: What is "Your True Self?" -very hard to answer...

      i think that the thing is not that we are not strong enough, but we are not weak enough. If i already knew everything that is to be known, i wouldn't
      need guidance, and i would have no questions. Someone who has walked the path before you can help. This is the role of a true spiritual teacher.

      This is what a friend told me:
      "External teacher is not always necessary, but when it comes, and
      if it is genuine, it is nothing but Your Essence showing Herself to You
      in another form." --So, i believe that it must be hard to recognise your teacher.. How do you realise that THIS is the teacher you've been waiting for?

      i know that a true teacher does not give paths, techniques or methods on how to live or how to find Truth. That the teacher and the disciple must have a very close relationship, they almost have to be as one.

      mirela

      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 1, 2003
        Mirela wrote:
        How do you realise that THIS is the teacher you've been waiting for?

        > i know that a true teacher does not give paths, techniques or
        methods on how to live or how to find Truth. That the teacher and the
        disciple must have a very close relationship, they almost have to be
        as one.

        > mirela
        Hi - Bob here - Actually, I think that a "true teacher" does "give
        paths, techniques or methods on how to live or how to find Truth."
        Ramana directed us to ask "Who Am I", Ganga shares breath and
        awareness techniques. Papajeff also. Even Judi ridiculing "seeking" is
        pointing to how to find Truth. Swami Sivananda only met his Guru
        physically for a few minutes, but stated many times that he kept him
        closer than his heart. Through Grace alone, the veil of illusion is
        ripped asunder, and the infinite, eternal divine reality presents
        itself. The classic spiritual understanding is that when you need a
        teacher, the universe will present one to you. Until then, perhaps the
        best we can do is to follow the suggestion that Swami Sivananda
        gives..."Be good, do good".