RE: [Meditation Society of America] Re: Sudden enlightenment

  • yeshwanthi vasudevan
    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 24, 2008
      Sandeep, how can you be so confident? How can you be so confident that it is all just a dream? I wish I had your self-confidence, to make that statement without any shred of a doubt. If this is all just a dream, what will it take to wake me up? The traffic noise and the horning sounds of a million trucks at the same time?
      On a serious note: What will it take to wake me up?
      sandeep chatterjee <sandeep1960@...> wrote:
      The need to ascribe attributes is the attempt of the mind/self to get a fix on this thingy which the mind/self itself has created i.e. Enlightenment.

      In the pursuit of the fixing is the very existence and perpetuation of the mind/self.

      All definings(and all ascribed attributes are definings) are confabulations of the known about the known.

      A cul-de-sac.

      For the known can never meet the unknown.

      Never can taste the unknowable.

      Whatever be the experience, no matter how profound, it&#39;s just projections of the known.

      Faced with the proposition that something is neither spontaneous nor a gradual causal process in time, the mind/self flounders with either a defensive reaction(after all the known has to seek to protect itself) or it poses the question.... ..THEN WHAT.

      In the absence of further fuel for the known....... is it&#39;s .......poof.

      Which is neither spontaneous nor gradual.
      :-)

      Aideen McKenna wrote:
      > ‘Way back when this long
      > conversation with Bob Rose got underway in 2001, someone (probably Bob) said
      > something to the effect that we all start out in life as enlightened, but then
      > we clutter ourselves up so completely that it takes considerable doing to clear
      > away all the crud to let the light shine through again – I recall an
      > analogy of cleaning a screen so as to allow the sun to shine through the
      > window.  So as Sandeep says, enlightennment’s not an event.
      > Aideen

      5, 50, 500, 5000 - Store N number of mails in your inbox. Click here.

    • sean tremblay
      Message 2 of 10 , Mar 24, 2008
        I've never been to Butte Montana but I'm pretty sure
        it exists
        --- yeshwanthi vasudevan <badgirl_nofear@...>

        Looking for last minute shopping deals?