Sudden enlightenment

  • sean tremblay
    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 21, 2008
      Anybody have any thoughts on Spontaneous enlightenment?

      http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs
    • suman sk
      Message 2 of 10 , Mar 21, 2008
        Kindly see the video of Nithyanand on youtube ..search about the topic on enligtnement and Nithyanand...
        He explains in details about the enlightenment...

        OM SHANTI

        sean tremblay <bethjams9@...> wrote:
        Anybody have any thoughts on Spontaneous enlightenment?

        http://www.yahoo. com/r/hs

      • Jeff Belyea
        Message 3 of 10 , Mar 22, 2008
          <bethjams9@...> wrote:

          > Anybody have any thoughts on Spontaneous enlightenment?

          It's the only kind.
          ____________
          > http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs

        • sandeep chatterjee
          Message 4 of 10 , Mar 22, 2008
            An experience can be spontaneous or a gradual enfolding within time.

            ''Enlightenment' is not an experience, not a causal event within time.

            Thus being un-reference-able, neither the term spontaneous nor gradual can be attributed.

            Jeff Belyea wrote:
            > --- In meditationsocietyof america@yahoogro ups.com , sean tremblay
            > <bethjams9@. ..> wrote:
            >>
            >> Anybody have any thoughts on Spontaneous enlightenment?
            >>

            > It's the only kind.
            > ____________
            >> Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your home page.
            >> http://www.yahoo com/r/hs

          • Aideen McKenna
            Message 5 of 10 , Mar 22, 2008

              ‘Way back when this long conversation with Bob Rose got underway in 2001, someone (probably Bob) said something to the effect that we all start out in life as enlightened, but then we clutter ourselves up so completely that it takes considerable doing to clear away all the crud to let the light shine through again – I recall an analogy of cleaning a screen so as to allow the sun to shine through the window.  So as Sandeep says, enlightennment’s not an event.

              Aideen

              An experience can be spontaneous or a gradual enfolding within time.

              &#39;&#39;Enlighten ment&#39; is not an experience, not a causal event within time.

              Jeff Belyea wrote:

              > --- In meditationsocietyof america@yahoogro ups.com , sean tremblay
              > <bethjams9@. ..> wrote:
              >>
              >> Anybody have any thoughts on Spontaneous enlightenment?
              >>

              > It's the only kind.

              Internal Virus Database is out-of-date.
              Checked by AVG.

            • sandeep chatterjee
              Message 6 of 10 , Mar 23, 2008
                The need to ascribe attributes is the attempt of the mind/self to get a fix on this thingy which the mind/self itself has created i.e. Enlightenment.

                In the pursuit of the fixing is the very existence and perpetuation of the mind/self.

                All definings(and all ascribed attributes are definings) are confabulations of the known about the known.

                A cul-de-sac.

                For the known can never meet the unknown.

                Never can taste the unknowable.

                Whatever be the experience, no matter how profound, it's just projections of the known.

                Faced with the proposition that something is neither spontaneous nor a gradual causal process in time, the mind/self flounders with either a defensive reaction(after all the known has to seek to protect itself) or it poses the question......THEN WHAT.

                In the absence of further fuel for the known....... is it's .......poof.

                Which is neither spontaneous nor gradual.
                :-)

                Aideen McKenna wrote:
                > ‘Way back when this long
                > conversation with Bob Rose got underway in 2001, someone (probably Bob) said
                > something to the effect that we all start out in life as enlightened, but then
                > we clutter ourselves up so completely that it takes considerable doing to clear
                > away all the crud to let the light shine through again – I recall an
                > analogy of cleaning a screen so as to allow the sun to shine through the
                > window.  So as Sandeep says, enlightennment’s not an event.
                > Aideen

              • Jeff Belyea
                Message 7 of 10 , Mar 23, 2008
                  The difficulty in any attempt
                  to describe or ascribe attributes
                  is that it can only be done so
                  in a language that does not
                  really apply to enlightenment.

                  From our mind/sense perception
                  it is an experience - a sudden
                  turning on of the light...in
                  a timeless spaceless event.

                  Only one who has "experienced"
                  enightenment understands the
                  new language that enlightenment
                  spontaneously introduces.

                  To write or speak to an audience
                  who is interested in the subject
                  but does not have direct knowledge,
                  in language from the enlightened
                  cul-de-sac, is more of the mind screw.

                  Think of it as spontaneous -
                  because that is as close as words
                  can come. And it a way it is so.

                  Clap on. Clap off.

                  Jeff

                  --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, sandeep chatterjee
                  <sandeep1960@...> wrote:

                  > The need to ascribe attributes is the attempt of the mind/self to
                  get a fix on this thingy which the mind/self itself has created i.e.
                  Enlightenment.

                  > In the pursuit of the fixing is the very existence and perpetuation
                  of the mind/self.

                  > All definings(and all ascribed attributes are definings) are
                  confabulations of the known about the known.

                  > A cul-de-sac.
                  >
                  > For the known can never meet the unknown.
                  >
                  > Never can taste the unknowable.
                  >
                  > Whatever be the experience, no matter how profound, it's just
                  projections of the known.

                  > Faced with the proposition that something is neither spontaneous
                  nor a gradual causal process in time, the mind/self flounders with
                  either a defensive reaction(after all the known has to seek to
                  protect itself) or it poses the question......THEN WHAT.

                  > In the absence of further fuel for the known....... is
                  it's .......poof.

                  > Which is neither spontaneous nor gradual.
                  > :-)
                  >
                  > Aideen McKenna wrote:
                  > > ‘Way back when this long
                  > > conversation with Bob Rose got underway in 2001, someone
                  (probably Bob) said
                  > > something to the effect that we all start out in life as
                  enlightened, but then
                  > > we clutter ourselves up so completely that it takes considerable
                  doing to clear
                  > > away all the crud to let the light shine through again â€" I
                  recall an
                  > > analogy of cleaning a screen so as to allow the sun to shine
                  through the
                  > > window.  So as Sandeep says, enlightennment’s not an event.
                  > > Aideen

                  3/11/08 1:41 PM
                  > > Internal Virus Database is out-of-date.
                  > > Checked by AVG.
                  3/11/08 1:41 PM

                • sean tremblay
                  Message 8 of 10 , Mar 23, 2008
                    So definition and understanding are two different
                    things, our need to define becomes part of the
                    "Clutter"

                    Looking for last minute shopping deals?
                  • yeshwanthi vasudevan
                    Message 9 of 10 , Mar 24, 2008
                      Sandeep, how can you be so confident? How can you be so confident that it is all just a dream? I wish I had your self-confidence, to make that statement without any shred of a doubt. If this is all just a dream, what will it take to wake me up? The traffic noise and the horning sounds of a million trucks at the same time?
                      On a serious note: What will it take to wake me up?
                      sandeep chatterjee <sandeep1960@...> wrote:
                      The need to ascribe attributes is the attempt of the mind/self to get a fix on this thingy which the mind/self itself has created i.e. Enlightenment.

                      In the pursuit of the fixing is the very existence and perpetuation of the mind/self.

                      All definings(and all ascribed attributes are definings) are confabulations of the known about the known.

                      A cul-de-sac.

                      For the known can never meet the unknown.

                      Never can taste the unknowable.

                      Whatever be the experience, no matter how profound, it&#39;s just projections of the known.

                      Faced with the proposition that something is neither spontaneous nor a gradual causal process in time, the mind/self flounders with either a defensive reaction(after all the known has to seek to protect itself) or it poses the question.... ..THEN WHAT.

                      In the absence of further fuel for the known....... is it&#39;s .......poof.

                      Aideen McKenna wrote:
                      > ‘Way back when this long
                      > conversation with Bob Rose got underway in 2001, someone (probably Bob) said
                      > something to the effect that we all start out in life as enlightened, but then
                      > we clutter ourselves up so completely that it takes considerable doing to clear
                      > away all the crud to let the light shine through again – I recall an
                      > analogy of cleaning a screen so as to allow the sun to shine through the
                      > window.  So as Sandeep says, enlightennment’s not an event.
                      > Aideen

                      5, 50, 500, 5000 - Store N number of mails in your inbox. Click here.

                    • sean tremblay
                      Message 10 of 10 , Mar 24, 2008
                        I've never been to Butte Montana but I'm pretty sure
                        it exists
                        --- yeshwanthi vasudevan <badgirl_nofear@...>