Re: Be Gentle With You

  • jogeshwarmahanta
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 17, 2008
      My approach is slightly different. I tell to my course participants-
      Be kind to yourself first. Unless you become kind to yourself you
      can not be kind to others. Learn kindness being kind to yourself.
      regards

      <no_reply@...> wrote:

      > This was first shared in one of our classes
      > in 2002, and a student emailed that she still
      > refreshes herself with its message. Perhaps
      > it will now be of benefit to you.
      >
      > Be Gentle With You
      >
      > In our past 2 classes, we did meditations that
      > dealt with guilt and forgiveness. As is usual,
      > several of the participants actually have
      > tried these techniques on their own, and that
      > is very good. I have had feedback though that
      > sometimes forgiving themselves has been much
      > harder to do than forgiving others. This segues
      > into another common phase meditators go through,
      > and that is that when the light of
      > introspection is pointed to the subconscious,
      > and the dark negative stuff there is revealed,
      > the beginner meditator is often horrified at
      > what they see. Or at least embarrassed in front
      > of their own eyes. It can be very upsetting when
      > you see how foolish/selfish/mean/etc. we
      > have been acting and a very common result is a
      > negative self image. Please be quick to forgive
      > yourself your transgressions/sins/stupidity/etc.
      > There is no need to suffer further from your
      > negative habits, and you need now only be positive.
      > Your karma has and will work itself out as it
      > may, but it is squandering good energy after bad to be
      > down on yourself, or sad about what you
      > have seen. Love yourself. Feel and know that you
      > have simply learned a lesson and the most positive
      > thing you have learned is to not repeat the negative.
      > Sulking/depression/etc. is furthering the problem.
      > Be gentle with everyone, starting with yourself.
      > You now are purged of all that was wrong and can
      > now start to function free of the obstacles that
      > your inappropriate actions caused. It is time to live
      > happily ever after.

    • Balasubramanian Radhakrishnan Kumar
      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 17, 2008
        Not only kindness, one has to love oneself !
        ________________________________

      • jogeshwarmahanta
        Message 3 of 8 , Mar 17, 2008
          Extinction of anomalies, anomalous states and vulnerabilities. I
          think one is to go at a time though extinction may occurs in
          sequence.
          regards

          --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, Balasubramanian

          Message 4 of 8 , Mar 17, 2008
            "If you love your life, life starts opening its doors to you. If you love, mysteries are revealed to you, secrets are handed over to you. If you love your body, sooner or later you will become aware of the soul that resides in it. If you love the trees and the mountains and the rivers, sooner or later you will see the invisible hands of God behind everything. His signature is on every leaf."
            --- OSHO
            ________________________________

          • jogeshwarmahanta
            Message 5 of 8 , Mar 18, 2008
              Will you please name any one in the osho world who has ascended upto
              this level?
              regards

              --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, Balasubramanian
              Radhakrishnan Kumar <kumarbr20@...> wrote:

              > "If you love your life, life starts opening its doors to you. If
              you love, mysteries are revealed to you, secrets are handed over to
              you. If you love your body, sooner or later you will become aware of
              the soul that resides in it. If you love the trees and the mountains
              and the rivers, sooner or later you will see the invisible hands of
              God behind everything. His signature is on every leaf."
              > --- OSHO
              > ________________________________
              > > To: meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com
              > > From: jogeshwarmahanta@...
              > > Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2008 11:15:50 +0000
              > > Subject: [Meditation Society of America] Re: Be Gentle With You
              > >

              > > Extinction of anomalies, anomalous states and vulnerabilities. I
              > > think one is to go at a time though extinction may occurs in
              > > sequence.
              > > regards

              Balasubramanian

              Message 6 of 8 , Mar 18, 2008
                Certainly there must be someone. But to identify, locate and know them, would take a long time, for one must mount this exercise all over the world !