Be Gentle With You

    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 16, 2008
      This was first shared in one of our classes
      in 2002, and a student emailed that she still
      refreshes herself with its message. Perhaps
      it will now be of benefit to you.

      Be Gentle With You

      In our past 2 classes, we did meditations that
      dealt with guilt and forgiveness. As is usual,
      several of the participants actually have
      tried these techniques on their own, and that
      is very good. I have had feedback though that
      sometimes forgiving themselves has been much
      harder to do than forgiving others. This segues
      into another common phase meditators go through,
      and that is that when the light of
      introspection is pointed to the subconscious,
      and the dark negative stuff there is revealed,
      the beginner meditator is often horrified at
      what they see. Or at least embarrassed in front
      of their own eyes. It can be very upsetting when
      you see how foolish/selfish/mean/etc. we
      have been acting and a very common result is a
      negative self image. Please be quick to forgive
      yourself your transgressions/sins/stupidity/etc.
      There is no need to suffer further from your
      negative habits, and you need now only be positive.
      Your karma has and will work itself out as it
      may, but it is squandering good energy after bad to be
      down on yourself, or sad about what you
      have seen. Love yourself. Feel and know that you
      have simply learned a lesson and the most positive
      thing you have learned is to not repeat the negative.
      Sulking/depression/etc. is furthering the problem.
      Be gentle with everyone, starting with yourself.
      You now are purged of all that was wrong and can
      now start to function free of the obstacles that
      your inappropriate actions caused. It is time to live
      happily ever after.
    • westwindwood2003
      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 16, 2008
        The only thing more I would say is do not repress negative thoughts
        because with acceptance comes the ability to choose a different way
        of dealing with the negativity, to take up a different behavior to
        counter the accepted negativity.

        <no_reply@...> wrote:

        > This was first shared in one of our classes
        > in 2002, and a student emailed that she still
        > refreshes herself with its message. Perhaps
        > it will now be of benefit to you.
        >
        > Be Gentle With You
        >
        > In our past 2 classes, we did meditations that
        > dealt with guilt and forgiveness. As is usual,
        > several of the participants actually have
        > tried these techniques on their own, and that
        > is very good. I have had feedback though that
        > sometimes forgiving themselves has been much
        > harder to do than forgiving others. This segues
        > into another common phase meditators go through,
        > and that is that when the light of
        > introspection is pointed to the subconscious,
        > and the dark negative stuff there is revealed,
        > the beginner meditator is often horrified at
        > what they see. Or at least embarrassed in front
        > of their own eyes. It can be very upsetting when
        > you see how foolish/selfish/mean/etc. we
        > have been acting and a very common result is a
        > negative self image. Please be quick to forgive
        > yourself your transgressions/sins/stupidity/etc.
        > There is no need to suffer further from your
        > negative habits, and you need now only be positive.
        > Your karma has and will work itself out as it
        > may, but it is squandering good energy after bad to be
        > down on yourself, or sad about what you
        > have seen. Love yourself. Feel and know that you
        > have simply learned a lesson and the most positive
        > thing you have learned is to not repeat the negative.
        > Sulking/depression/etc. is furthering the problem.
        > Be gentle with everyone, starting with yourself.
        > You now are purged of all that was wrong and can
        > now start to function free of the obstacles that
        > your inappropriate actions caused. It is time to live
        > happily ever after.

      • jogeshwarmahanta
        Message 3 of 8 , Mar 17, 2008
          My approach is slightly different. I tell to my course participants-
          Be kind to yourself first. Unless you become kind to yourself you
          can not be kind to others. Learn kindness being kind to yourself.
          regards

          <no_reply@...> wrote:

          > This was first shared in one of our classes
          > in 2002, and a student emailed that she still
          > refreshes herself with its message. Perhaps
          > it will now be of benefit to you.
          >
          > Be Gentle With You
          >
          > In our past 2 classes, we did meditations that
          > dealt with guilt and forgiveness. As is usual,
          > several of the participants actually have
          > tried these techniques on their own, and that
          > is very good. I have had feedback though that
          > sometimes forgiving themselves has been much
          > harder to do than forgiving others. This segues
          > into another common phase meditators go through,
          > and that is that when the light of
          > introspection is pointed to the subconscious,
          > and the dark negative stuff there is revealed,
          > the beginner meditator is often horrified at
          > what they see. Or at least embarrassed in front
          > of their own eyes. It can be very upsetting when
          > you see how foolish/selfish/mean/etc. we
          > have been acting and a very common result is a
          > negative self image. Please be quick to forgive
          > yourself your transgressions/sins/stupidity/etc.
          > There is no need to suffer further from your
          > negative habits, and you need now only be positive.
          > Your karma has and will work itself out as it
          > may, but it is squandering good energy after bad to be
          > down on yourself, or sad about what you
          > have seen. Love yourself. Feel and know that you
          > have simply learned a lesson and the most positive
          > thing you have learned is to not repeat the negative.
          > Sulking/depression/etc. is furthering the problem.
          > Be gentle with everyone, starting with yourself.
          > You now are purged of all that was wrong and can
          > now start to function free of the obstacles that
          > your inappropriate actions caused. It is time to live
          > happily ever after.

        • Balasubramanian Radhakrishnan Kumar
          Message 4 of 8 , Mar 17, 2008
            Not only kindness, one has to love oneself !
            ________________________________

          • jogeshwarmahanta
            Message 5 of 8 , Mar 17, 2008
              Extinction of anomalies, anomalous states and vulnerabilities. I
              think one is to go at a time though extinction may occurs in
              sequence.
              regards

              --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, Balasubramanian

              Message 6 of 8 , Mar 17, 2008
                "If you love your life, life starts opening its doors to you. If you love, mysteries are revealed to you, secrets are handed over to you. If you love your body, sooner or later you will become aware of the soul that resides in it. If you love the trees and the mountains and the rivers, sooner or later you will see the invisible hands of God behind everything. His signature is on every leaf."
                --- OSHO
                ________________________________

              • jogeshwarmahanta
                Message 7 of 8 , Mar 18, 2008
                  Will you please name any one in the osho world who has ascended upto
                  this level?
                  regards

                  --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, Balasubramanian
                  Radhakrishnan Kumar <kumarbr20@...> wrote:

                  > "If you love your life, life starts opening its doors to you. If
                  you love, mysteries are revealed to you, secrets are handed over to
                  you. If you love your body, sooner or later you will become aware of
                  the soul that resides in it. If you love the trees and the mountains
                  and the rivers, sooner or later you will see the invisible hands of
                  God behind everything. His signature is on every leaf."
                  > --- OSHO
                  > ________________________________
                  > > To: meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com
                  > > From: jogeshwarmahanta@...
                  > > Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2008 11:15:50 +0000
                  > > Subject: [Meditation Society of America] Re: Be Gentle With You
                  > >

                  > > Extinction of anomalies, anomalous states and vulnerabilities. I
                  > > think one is to go at a time though extinction may occurs in
                  > > sequence.
                  > > regards

                  Balasubramanian

                  Message 8 of 8 , Mar 18, 2008
                    Certainly there must be someone. But to identify, locate and know them, would take a long time, for one must mount this exercise all over the world !